I missed this article in July. It's relevant

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by Gypsi, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

2. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

I read the article and it has some interesting info, but earth justice is a far left organization that is anti Trump and wants to blame the last 50 years of problems on Trump, so they lost any credibility to me...there are dozens of chemicals, gmos and many other factors giving honey bees problems, long before Trump got into office, but every article blames trump..if they kept to the facts and not politics they would be better off...
    I insulated my hives and filled them up with fondant, they are treated for mites, I will feed them fondant through the winter and see what spring brings...

3. Gypsi

be better if it was less political but currently I believe earthjustice on chemical safety and effects more than I believe the EPA, that have thrown out science. Finally get to treat for mites tomorrow I think. going thru the hives, brought my arlington hive home, it's been vandalized, don't know if the queen is still there. Sealed them up with screened bottom board over a reversed (front/back) solid bottom board so I can have access for OAV, they've never been treated for mites. Gave them a jar of feed, they have 2 nucs, 10 frames of comb. Will check for brood in a day or2

4. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

I never trusted the EPA for anything..from when they said the air was safe to breath in NYC after 911 and more people are dying from breathing issues from breathing all the toxins from that area..
    I think many of the GNO modified pest resistant corn and other crops are killing off the bees..how does it recognize a bad bug from a good bug ( bees)...
    ill go 1 further and say I dont trust much of what the government has to say...
    I hate when someone screws around with another persons property like that...they have cheap game cameras set up so you can see who is messing with your hives...

5. Gypsi

I have good cameras here, the hive that got messed with was in the yard of a rental property, and the property was sold, new owner sent contractors in to clean up the yard. I've got the oh maybe 4 frames of bees that survived, out of a deep/medium 8 frame setup, and 10 of their frames locked into a double nuc in my apiary. about to go out. The original person I gave the bees to is traveling out of state and his friend was minding the bees, and had been for a couple of years. He helped me load them up, not safe in town anymore. I got my big robber hive out of my neighbor's house this summer, gave their brood to one of my hives and requeened the rest, so much safer to bring in a small hive now. If no queen I'll merge to one of my this summer splits