Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so a swarm took up residence in one of the legs on a wooden counter at work. Nice little active swarm. I managed to spot the "queen"...a nice, long lady with bright chartreuse flat tipped wings and big bushy antennae...almost looked like a jewel. I caught her but had trouble finding a box to put her in. Finally someone handed me a rather large box (large TV sized) but it was kinda flimsy and beat-up. Anyhow, the box collapsed and I tried to find her inside of it. By this time the swarm had found her and had started gathering in the box. Suddenly I spotted a metalic purple winged one, but I realized it was a male...then I saw one more...a long glossy white winged one!!!! It's really wild!!!! The box completely was destroyed by then. There was a pile of old rubber car floor mats on the ground and the bees started going under them. I started digging for the queen and started discovering *all* kinds of bugs and salamanders under those mats...some critters that I'd never seen before. Gentle bees, though, but I didn't find the queen again.

...then I woke up. :roll:

Ed

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I know just how you felt in that dream!
Sometimes I have a recurring dream that I am flying/floating down the street and come upon a huge five and dime store with its entire basement as a wondrous giant pet department. I feel like a kid again and float down aisle after aisle of cages and tanks full of the most beautiful creatures for sale- birds, turtles, fish, reptiles, spiders, hamsters and mice, kittens, rabbits....all so colorful and beautiful and I can't decide which ones to take home! Like a kid's paradise, and it always brings back those excited feelings I used to have as a child in a pet store. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Perry, see I stole my buddy Schawee's "eagle eye" glasses & boy can I spot a queen now! Only draw back is my eyes keep crossing & I'm constantly trippin' over things. Have unusual cravings for giant vanilla milk shakes! :lol:

...JP

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perry, see I stole my buddy Schawee's "eagle eye" glasses & boy can I spot a queen now! Only draw back is my eyes keep crossing & I'm constantly trippin' over things. Have unusual cravings for giant vanilla milk shakes! :lol:

...JP
hmmm, those glasses make you look like you're putting on a little weight, too, JP. :razz:

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts