I need to take a break....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intheswamp, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Intheswamp

Intheswamp New Member

Ok, so a swarm took up residence in one of the legs on a wooden counter at work. Nice little active swarm. I managed to spot the "queen"...a nice, long lady with bright chartreuse flat tipped wings and big bushy antennae...almost looked like a jewel. I caught her but had trouble finding a box to put her in. Finally someone handed me a rather large box (large TV sized) but it was kinda flimsy and beat-up. Anyhow, the box collapsed and I tried to find her inside of it. By this time the swarm had found her and had started gathering in the box. Suddenly I spotted a metalic purple winged one, but I realized it was a male...then I saw one more...a long glossy white winged one!!!! It's really wild!!!! The box completely was destroyed by then. There was a pile of old rubber car floor mats on the ground and the bees started going under them. I started digging for the queen and started discovering *all* kinds of bugs and salamanders under those mats...some critters that I'd never seen before. Gentle bees, though, but I didn't find the queen again.

...then I woke up. :roll:

Ed

2. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Man, I was really enjoying that dream with ya!

TEASE!

...JP

3. Omie

Omie New Member

I know just how you felt in that dream!
    Sometimes I have a recurring dream that I am flying/floating down the street and come upon a huge five and dime store with its entire basement as a wondrous giant pet department. I feel like a kid again and float down aisle after aisle of cages and tanks full of the most beautiful creatures for sale- birds, turtles, fish, reptiles, spiders, hamsters and mice, kittens, rabbits....all so colorful and beautiful and I can't decide which ones to take home! Like a kid's paradise, and it always brings back those excited feelings I used to have as a child in a pet store. :)

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Me too! Ha!

5. Intheswamp

Intheswamp New Member

DUDE!!!! The avatar!!!! Art in it's finest!!!!....I guess I could say "Fine Art"!!! ;)

You think *you* were disappointed at the conclusion....that queen musta been two and a half inches long!!!!:cry:

Ed

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

What are you guys eatin' before you go to bed :lol:, it ain't okra that's for sure!

7. Omie

Omie New Member

I want what JP's having! :lol:

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

g3 more like what are they drinkin' before going to bed.....some of that southern 'shine' out of a mason jar?!

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

JP, that avatar is too funny! :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:(you might have trouble getting on an airplane if that pic is on your passport though)

10. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Perry, see I stole my buddy Schawee's "eagle eye" glasses & boy can I spot a queen now! Only draw back is my eyes keep crossing & I'm constantly trippin' over things. Have unusual cravings for giant vanilla milk shakes! :lol:

...JP

11. Intheswamp

Intheswamp New Member

hmmm, those glasses make you look like you're putting on a little weight, too, JP. :razz:

Ed

12. G3farms

G3farms New Member

It's no wonder Schawee is seeing so many queens at one time with those glasses on!!