I took Statistics because I thought it would be fun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bens-Bees, May 21, 2011.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

They offered me other classes, but I chose to take statistics as an elective because I thought it would be fun. :shock:

WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!?

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I called that class "ten thousand ways to come up with the same answer", kind of interesting though.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

The stats are 10 to 1 that you will be able to apply this aquired knowledge to your beekeeping endeavors however only 100 to 1 that you will enjoy the classroom time. :lol:

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

statistic is a bit like accounting. you do the assigned exercises again and again until you can do these in your sleep and then as a field of study it become extremely easy. anyone interested in 'science' or modern day production systems or quality control should see the full value of statistics.

on most occasion figuring out what is the appropriate 'test' and or distribution applies is the really difficult part of apply statistics. using in inappropriate statistical test or assuming the inapproiate distribution is usually how folks 'lie' thru the use of statistics.

Bens-Bee.... bear down that stuff is important.

5. Zulu

Zulu Member

Stats 101 was the course that many guys and gals had to redo. You have to get the basics down pat. Easy once you know the rules.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I think I will choose not to take statistics but im sure somewhere I am a statistic that a statatition chose to use as a statistic. so there for im a static person :Dancing:

7. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

One of my majors was math, so I took a number of probability & statistics classes. I liked the probability more than the stats. After all these years I couldn't tell you the difference between a Chi-Square and Poisson distribution.

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well, I took my final exam today... 90% on the final which means I passed the class with a B overall. It's no A, but I'll take it!!

9. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

well, statistically you are way ahead of me in that category. :)

while still in High School, my brother said he wanted to be an Actuary, since he loved Math so much. Now he Teaches Freshman American Lit, part time. Guess he lost the passion.

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Ha Ha:
    My older brother took 4 years of university in electronics and once he graduated decided he wanted to do something different and took another 4 years in metallurgy. But that's one thing about education, no one can take it from you! :mrgreen:

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

congrads on the B. quite acceptable I would say.

12. brendantm130

brendantm130 New Member

statistics was the easy math requirement for non math majors. I fell into the other side. Math and Art double.