Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They offered me other classes, but I chose to take statistics as an elective because I thought it would be fun. :shock:

WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The stats are 10 to 1 that you will be able to apply this aquired knowledge to your beekeeping endeavors however only 100 to 1 that you will enjoy the classroom time. :lol:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
statistic is a bit like accounting. you do the assigned exercises again and again until you can do these in your sleep and then as a field of study it become extremely easy. anyone interested in 'science' or modern day production systems or quality control should see the full value of statistics.

on most occasion figuring out what is the appropriate 'test' and or distribution applies is the really difficult part of apply statistics. using in inappropriate statistical test or assuming the inapproiate distribution is usually how folks 'lie' thru the use of statistics.

Bens-Bee.... bear down that stuff is important.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Stats 101 was the course that many guys and gals had to redo. You have to get the basics down pat. Easy once you know the rules.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I think I will choose not to take statistics but im sure somewhere I am a statistic that a statatition chose to use as a statistic. so there for im a static person :Dancing:

·
Registered
349 Posts
One of my majors was math, so I took a number of probability & statistics classes. I liked the probability more than the stats. After all these years I couldn't tell you the difference between a Chi-Square and Poisson distribution.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I took my final exam today... 90% on the final which means I passed the class with a B overall. It's no A, but I'll take it!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
well, statistically you are way ahead of me in that category. :)

while still in High School, my brother said he wanted to be an Actuary, since he loved Math so much. Now he Teaches Freshman American Lit, part time. Guess he lost the passion.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Ha Ha:
My older brother took 4 years of university in electronics and once he graduated decided he wanted to do something different and took another 4 years in metallurgy. But that's one thing about education, no one can take it from you! :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts