I want to see if I can post pictures here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gypsi, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

A couple of years ago my rotti got lucky and hurt his shoulder, which caused me to take him to a really smart ER vet. While we were there checking the shoulder I asked her to needle biopsy his bumps and lumps and she did this. And jackpot, one of them was Mast cell tumor. I had the tumor taken off 9/11/14. By late october I was pretty sure he wouldn't live through the winter. In late november I found something to try that I could afford. Turmeric paste. I made some, gave it to Bronx with his meals a quarter teaspoon at a time,and he started bouncing around the house a week later, like a puppy. I started taking it too

Golden paste has a reputation for boosting the immune system and defeating some cancers. I am pleased to announce that Bronx is still alive. He is 9. One year old age will catch him. Bronx_Sep30_2016.jpg .Y

yay it worked.

2. BKAdmin

BKAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad your dog is ok! If you have questions about forum usage please let me know. I'm happy to help.

3. Gypsi

No problem, it worked very nicely, thank you Austin.

4. BKAdmin

BKAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Not a problem. Please let me know if you have any questions.

5. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

everything we need to heal ourselves grows in nature, the pharmaceutical companies are making billions by selling dangerous concoctions they make up just for profit...
    holistic medicines for both animals and humans are gaining wide range usage as people understand how they work..
    and one of the best is medical honey..google it and you will be amazed what it can do....

6. Gypsi

The mast cell that Bronx got, less than 2 years after losing my other dog to cancer led to me making a lot of diet and life changes on my pets and myself. I had always raised my dogs on Purina dog chow, which has a lot of corn. Years ago when broke we made a corn gruel with corn meal to feed the dogs. No big deal. In 2005, GMO corn and soy sprayed with Roundup weed killer entered the food supply. For pets anyway, not sure when it hit for humans. Roundup is a carcinogen. I got Spike in February 2004 as a puppy. He was GSD/border collie and should have lived 14 or 15 years. The lumps and bumps started in 2008, my vet said they were not a problem. In January 2013 he started drinking a lot of water and urinating tons, knowing it had to be diabetes I waited til my deposit cleared and took him to the vet. Diabetes insipidus is caused by a tumor on the pancreas, probably one that spread from one of those skin lumps. He lost 15 lbs in 3 days. It was too late to do anything, I put him to sleep, I was with him when he died, we buried him at my church.

So Sept 2014 Bronx hurt his shoulder bouncing up and down, and I had to work, still bad when I got home, so I took him to an ER vet, as mine was closed. I had her needle biopsy his lumps while we were there. My regular vet had once again said no, those are nothing to be concerned about. Sure enough one was mast cell. This time it wasn't too late. I quizzed a local trade group, got a referral to an older established GOOD vet clinic, and Bronx had surgery. I did not have the mast cell typed. $180 to get their forecast on his life span. After surgery he went downhill pretty hard. I gave him benadryl and eventually got the antacid dose right (mast cells give off tons of histamines, so obviously it had gotten loose in him). when I was afraid to go to work because I might find him dead when I got home I got online during Thanksgiving weekend and searched. I bought a bottle of turmeric, another of whole peppercorns, and I had some coconut oil already. I made golden paste. I gave it to him, 1/4 teaspoon with each meal, hiding it, and his benadryl, in meatballs of braunschweiger as it was all I could get pills in with. In a week he started bouncing around like a puppy.

After Spike's death I had put the dogs on no corn, no soy, and no wheat dog food. (wheat is sprayed with roundup to make harvesting easier.) I cut corn and soy out of my diet, if I couldn't cut them I bought organic. And I started taking turmeric paste with meals too. My CRP went from 11.8 to 2.5 in 10 months. I was no longer a heart attack risk. My left knee quit hurting.

Not sure what honey will do, it does have a lot of fructose in it and should not be given to anyone fighting a cancer, but I am sure that turmeric will never be a favorite of cancer doctors that make their living treating but not curing

7. roadkillbobb

we are killing ourselves off with our food supply...thanxs to monsanto( roundups manufacture) I also think that is at the bottom of the bee die off..how do pest resistant crops know what are good or bad pests....
    the medical honey is not for the symptoms of the dogs, but for wound healing on both humans and animals...

8. Gypsi

9. roadkillbobb

what brand dog food do you use now? im using the purina dog chow, at least its made here in the USA.. but with what? who knows...

10. Gypsi

the 2 I have used are Kirkland's Maintenance Diet, from Costco, which has a 4 star rating but does produce some serious dog farts. And I am currently using Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice, which costs a couple of dollars more but keeps my feed store in business. And no farts.

11. roadkillbobb

lol..get them some tums....ill have to look into those, the kirkland brand, what are the main ingredients?

12. Gypsi

13. Gypsi

14. roadkillbobb

Im trying to find a replacement for the purina brand im feeding now, I was sold on the kirkland and diamond brands till I did some more investigation, kirkland is made by diamond and diamond has many recalls and issues with there food, just look at the amazon reviews of the diamond, https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Natu...ilterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews recently alot of complaints about sick dogs in 2016..

Company Reputation And Quality Control Issues

Kirkland has always had a good reputation until the recall in 2012 but that recall seems to have turned a lot of people against the food. The fact that this food is manufactured by Diamond, which has had ongoing problems with recalls, may give consumers cause for concern.
    Bottomline

This is certainly a better than average food and I would recommend it to people who want to feed a premium food at a lower cost. However, if you feed this food you will need to stay alert to any recall notices in case there are further issues with Diamond.

15. Gypsi

Wow those reviews were amazingly bad. I had my dogs on Purina since about 1992 anyway, didn't have a dog for a number of years before that. In January 2013 Spike lost 15 pounds in 3 days, no diarrhea, rapid onset of diabetes insipidus, which is generally caused by a tumor. I pulled the dogs off purina and tried several foods after that, since Kirkland is Diamond, all of the foods were Diamond. (My budget is not up to Blue).

And in August 2014, Bronx went to the vet, he'd been chewing his foot a month or 2, and we found his mast cell. I put him on turmeric paste when he declined after surgery, and he is still alive, age 9 now.

I moved them from Kirkland to Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice this spring, the dogs will eat it without wet food stirred in, and no one has had diarrhea except for the August peach festival where they all pick my peaches and make themselves sick, in 2015. Doggy kaopectate and removing peaches worked on that.

The dogs did not LIKE the lamb canned food from Kirkland, chicken was ok. I have never bought the lamb kibble, or the beef, which seem to be the subject of the reviews But based on 2 dogs with cancer, and Nestle's other practices, I believe Purina dog chow and I have parted company permanently.

Fortunately Purina kept the chicken feed division. They only sold the dog/cat to nestle.

16. roadkillbobb

I decided on blue buffalo brand, ill see how they like it and how there stomachs like it or not..lol
    diamond makes the dog food for kirkland, its the same thing..

17. Gypsi

I know. But review or no review I had dead dogs on Purina, I have healthy dogs on the Diamond Naturals. Kirkland is a different formula, ferocious farts.

. I don't think I can afford Blue Buffalo for 5 dogs, but let me know how they like it. I have 5 big dogs. They eat a fair bit.

18. roadkillbobb

Ok will post back in a few weeks here, I have 2 big dogs, 100lbs and 83 lbs....the blue buffalo was a bit pricey at $55.00 a 30 lb bag...I just want to get them off the purina , as some of there symptoms are looking like food allergy from the corn and crap from the purina..one has chronic ear infection and the other had like ghost scratching all over( just kept scratching and scratching ) no fleas....I also started them on the tumeric paste, I made a batch and use a large syringe without the needle to squirt the paste in their mouth, that stuff tastes nasty..LOL
    its been a day since starting a 50/50 mix of the blue buffalo/purina to in a few days get them over to 100% BB..no farting yet.....just a note, never give dogs french fries..talk about noxious odors..LOL..that was many years ago..

19. Gypsi

turmeric paste does taste nasty but given in 1/4 teaspoon doses it is pretty easy to hide in small bits, and it's good for you, and them. Very little prostate cancer in India where they eat curry all the time

20. roadkillbobb

ok its been about a week, they are on 100% blue buffalo life protection formula, chicken and brown rice..so far no stinky odors from the backside of the dogs, in the beginning my lab mix had some very noxious odors and of course it was on a car trip upstate, so every so often the windows had to go down, but it could have been something else he ate, but since then ,all has been good..I treated his ear infections with zymox, amazing stuff in a few days his ears were alot better and now almost a week they are back to normal, no shaking of his head like they were bothering him, my female looks to be scratching a whole lot less but ill give it a few weeks to work out anything left in her system from the purina..once thay are both back to normal, I will try the kirkland food if it is cheaper and see how that works..but for now the Blue buffalo seems to be working well..