Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All Like the title says hope you can help me out and in return I may impart some my experiences and knowledge with you. I got my 1st hives in 1981. !n 1986 a fellow beekeeper friend of mine came across equipment for producing beehives frames etc. that had been through a business partner custody battle. The machines were disassembled cut in half with torches and parts stashed in 3 different locations. After most the parts were rounded up I got to put Humphrey dumpy back together again. but that's a story for another time. In 1996 I took a honey judging course hosted buy long time Beekeepers John Corner, Doug McCutchen, John Gates, and Robbie Robinson. In 1998 till present have been judging the Honey Division at the Armstrong Fair, it'sthe largest agricultural fair in Western Canada. For the last couple of years I have been managing the display and education center that the honey producers have set up during the fair. We have a 10' by 50' (3m X 16m) which we have an observation hive in, an old fashion wood barreled 4 frame hand crank extractor, and displays and information on bees and beekeeping.
Will post my requests in a new thread just wanted to introduce myself first. Thanks Keith

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums Apisbees :hi:

Would love to see some pics of the frame making machine!!
Will do at a later time but to buzzy till after the fair. Still fingering how this forum works? don't want to kick the hornets nest on the first day of school.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Will do at a later time but to buzzy till after the fair. Still fingering how this forum works? don't want to kick the hornets nest on the first day of school.

No need to waste time on that long slow learning curve, always best to get to the meat of a subject :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Apisbees :) I'm new to the forum too, and looking forward to your posts-----on your second day of school :grin:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hey Keith: :hi:

Welcome aboard. I'm born and raised in Vernon (18 years) and lived 2 years in Armstrong (Otter Lake Cross Rd.)
Best Ag fair around bar none! :thumbsup: First job stooking hay, milking cows, driving tractor out there. Loved Armstrong. (always wondered how they could call the place a "city"?)
Mom and 2 brothers still live in Vernon.

You have found the place to find good information and friends here Keith, so stick around and join the fun. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome Keith, glad to have you aboard, new bekeep myself, just started this year so I am glad to have another bekeep with years of knowledge around.

kebee

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome Keith! We are second year beekeepers with six hives in the sunny south. Great forum - glad you are here and look forward to your sharing of your experience, too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome, new old bee keeper here also. Sounds like you will have a lot to offer. Tom

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Keith: :hi:

Welcome aboard. I'm born and raised in Vernon (18 years) and lived 2 years in Armstrong (Otter Lake Cross Rd.)
Best Ag fair around bar none! :thumbsup: First job stooking hay, milking cows, driving tractor out there. Loved Armstrong. (always wondered how they could call the place a "city"?)
Mom and 2 brothers still live in Vernon.

You have found the place to find good information and friends here Keith, so stick around and join the fun. :mrgreen:
Perry Armstrong is bigger than Enderby but the stranger thing about Armstrong is that the city is totally surrounded by the township of Spallumcheen 2 city halls, 2 work departments, all the kids in Spallumcheem go to school in Armstrong. Library, Museum, Arena, Pool all in Armstrong and the large industrial (sawmill, fiberglass tub manufactures, camper manufactures, boat builders, concrete precast, rapid span bridge builders, flour mill, race speed way) are all in Spallumcheen. The rest is mainly farms, a few subdivisions but not many.
I graduated in 1978 from VSSS from the look of your picture we probably hung out on main street at the same time 1975-1980.
Down town Vernon use to rock on a Friday and Saturday night now by 8:30pm its dead its so sad.
I know it has nothing to do with beekeeping I need to take some Fumidil-B for my verbal hive dysentery. sorry

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I graduated in 1978 from VSSS from the look of your picture we probably hung out on main street at the same time 1975-1980.
Down town Vernon use to rock on a Friday and Saturday night now by 8:30pm its dead its so sad.
No way, I graduated from VSSS in 77 or 78. :shock:

Hangin "mainers" on main street Vernon was almost like back in American Grafitti. If you were there, we probably know each other. I used to bomb around in a 1969 GTO, pump gas at Econo Gas. Safeway parking lot to the old Railway station, back and forth 50 - 60 times a night! Maybe go up Suicide Hill a few times as well! :rotfl:
Go "parking" at Polsen ParK if I managed to find company! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts