Iddees prize bull

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by riverrat, Jan 29, 2012.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Ole IDDEE had a prize bull that went missing from the section of ground the railroad passed through. Convienced the railroad was to blame. He filed suit in court. A big-city lawyer was representing the railroad. Iddee was only seeking to be paid the fair value of the bull. Come for his day in court the attorney for the railroad immediately cornered Iddee and tried to settle out of court. The lawyer did a fine job, and finally Iddee agreed to take half of what he was asking.
    After signing the release and getting the check, the young lawyer couldn't resist bragging a little over his success, telling ole Iddee , "You know, I hate to tell you this, old man, but I put one over on you in there. I couldn't have won the case. The engineer was asleep and the fireman was in the caboose when the train went through your farm that morning. I didn't have one witness to put on the stand. I bluffed you!"
    Iddee kinda laughed and told him, "Well, I'll tell you, young feller, I was a little worried about winning that case myself, because that durned bull came home this morning."

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There goes iddee--throwing the bull again. :lol:

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Oh my goodness -- I guess I horned in on that one. :oops: After posting I realized it was
    Riverrat who made the post.
    My apologies to both of you. The laugh's on me. :dontknow:

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Don't worry about it ef, there's enough bull to go around. :rotfl: