If you had to move.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BjornBee, Nov 8, 2009.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

If you had to leave the state you lived in now, and all other items such as a job, money, etc., was a non-factor, what state would you move too? And please explain why. What made the decision of that state for you?

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Kentucky or the Carolinas, purely for the same kind of terrain. I just love the foot hills, rolling fields and mountains, long valleys. Have to have trees and hills. I see pics of places out west with no trees for miles and miles, I would get lost out there, no land marks.

I have never been west of the Mississippi River to actually see the sights, but never really wanted to. I am at peace in this area and feel apart of it. Have traveled from Canada to Miami and east coast to the Mississippi River, but nothing beats home. I grew up on this little farm and will live out the rest of my days here, I hope.

I guess most would call me an ol' fudy dudy, but that is just who I am.

G3

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I haven't been in Hawaii, Vermont, Maine, or New Hampshire. I guess I would have to check them out before deciding. None of the other 45 can match NC. I've been to all of them, plus Mexico and Canada.

4. Charles

Charles New Member

I have already been told by the big boss that we'll be in either Oregon or Washington state in a coastal town come retirement time :queen:

5. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

I'd go to Arkansas, despite the Clintstones. Mt.Ida is gorgeous and surrounded by crystal mines, a favorite of mine. Huge Lake Ouachita is also close by and Hot Springs is not that far either.

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I miss the Ozarks myself... I grew up exploring the caves and traveling up and down the rivers. It's really nice here too, I can say I love having milder weather in the winter especially. I guess if I HAD to move, where I went would depend on why I had to move :dontknow:

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I think I'd head for the Chesapeake Bay area or Outer Banks, NC. Oceans and protected waters to sail and explore, wildlife to watch, no too far from family, and winters just a tad shorter than here. Might have to get a summer cabin on a lake in Maine, though, so I could listen to the loons.

8. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

This land that God has devined for us is so fine, it 'is actually very difficult to narrow it down to just one area. I thank Him for that. :) :)

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

if the boss has her way some place where the wolves howl.

10. rast

rast New Member

N.C. or Tenn. probably. Somewhere that we could at least see the mountains and the winters weren't that long normally. I love the beauty of some of the areas up there that I have been.

11. Brenda

Brenda New Member

Some place warm and not humid. My arthritis kills me when it's cold and damp here in Illinois.
    Not sure where that'd be. Maybe New Mexico? Arizona? but they have Africanized bees so I don't think they would do.

12. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Arrowhead region of Minnesota. Sparce pouplation in the area so there is room to roam. Good hunting and fishing in the area as well as ample snow fall in the winter for cross country sking and snowmobileing. Close to The boundary waters for canoeing and camping too.
    The wloves howl there a lot too.

17 hours gets you back to where all the kin floks are too.

:mrgreen: Al

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

UH! 17 hours might be just a tad too close. ;)