I'll be out of service for a while

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, Jul 27, 2012.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Glad to hear you are on the mend, want be long before you are back out and checking on the bees!!

2. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Yeah, somehow I missed it too. My prayers are with you. Good luck.

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Wish you well and a full recovery. I guess it really takes something big to put you on "hold" for a while. We expect you back in full strength and capabilities. Just remember to follow the doc's orders.

4. klpauba

klpauba New Member

Barry, it's great to have partner that cares (not to mention all of your bee friends here) -- listen to your caregivers and read lots of bee books!

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

take care of yourself and get back up on your feet. Keep us up to date.

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Good to hear...:thumbsup:

7. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

first off thank you all again for all the best wishes and prayers. when I went into the hospital I weighed 238 pounds, my left I weigh 213 . I now weigh 205 that's actually quite scary from my perspective they removed two foot of my colon consequently I suspect badly dehydrating. on gatorade for electrolytes I'm trying to replace the fluid some otherwise losing I'm sure I'm gonna get better I'm also certain I'm going to have to do a lot of work to recover strength and muscle and it might be a while before I can get back to the bees at least another month. but I am hard headed, and undoubtedly I will push myself harder than I should with that said I may have to rethink full depth honey supers .
    Barry

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Slow and steady always wins the race Barry. :thumbsup:

9. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I don't know how tall you are, but methinks your weight loss should be for the better. Why carry a deep super around your waist? :rolling:
    Again I say, for your benefit and ours, please follow the Docs' orders. Don't push yourself too hard. We'll be patient with you and be happy to read your posts, knowing that your bees will just have to wait. They too will be better off getting you back in prime form. :grin:

10. Marbees

Marbees Member

Yes Barry, that's something to think about:thumbsup: The other week while installing queen excluders on some of my hives I was reminded how heavy full deeps are. I'm 6'1" - 220 lb guy in good shape, no problem lifting right now, but down the road...
    Swithching to shallows for honey supers would allow us to keep bees as long as we live.:smile:

11. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

One frame at a time extends the time - but my supers are mediums already. I didn't even try deeps.

12. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

well actually I am 6 foot 3 inches and I have had the misfortune of being hospitalized before ,I was younger was younger then, I am getting very impatient with how long it's taking for me to bounce back to anything that resembles normal I have always been a strong person both physically and mentally currently I don't feel either getting extremely fatigued with the slightest effort have almost no stamina at all and it's driving me crazy lol but I will continue to work at it that's the only way is ever come back again thank you all for the words of encouragement .
    Barry

13. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Actually I am probably a worse patient than you are - I have NO patience with being sick. But after a series of injuries I have learned that resting at the beginning takes a lot less time than resting after I have made the injury worse. Stack of movies, remote control, and me, I do some kind of handcraft til I get drowsy, then nap. Making frames might work?

14. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Glad you are on the mend, Barry. Take time to spoil yourself. We use shallow supers, too. They are all I care to lift full! :grin:

15. Marbees

Marbees Member

Some 20 years ago my father in law had 70 cm of colon removed, he was in his sixties, recovered nicely.
    Now in his eighties very active gardener, all summer long he is boating and fishing on Danube river:grin:
    During the winter he does some custom cabinetry for friends.(master cabinet maker)
    Before operation he would occasionally have a glass of riesling from his neighbours vineyard, had to stop, wine is too acidic,
    switched to beer and eliminated spicy food.
    You will be good, just give your body some time to heal.:thumbsup:

16. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

well I'm back in the hospital due to extremely low blood pressure call by fluid loss . my weight loss has stopped and that's good . I expect to be out another day or so .
    Barry

17. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Thoughts and prayers to you. Hang in there! :)

Sent from my DROID X2

18. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Ditto Barry. :thumbsup:

19. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Hang in there Barry, we're praying for you and I told Ronnie about you and your situation. He said to thank you for your prayers for him and he's going to be praying for you also.

20. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

We have a saying in Hebrew (translated here lamely, into English)
    "He who prays for the benefit of another, while in need of the same thing, has his prayers answered first [for himself]."
    May each one of you, praying on behalf of the other, find your prayers speedily answered.