Illinois beekeeper's Monsanto research/hive take by Dept Ag..anyone hear of him?

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by hlhart2001, Jul 6, 2012.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

I've seen this guy before,and he's been trying to dig $ out of the State because of the use of Roundup for a while now.

I've used Roundup around my hive stand for over a year and I've yet to see any problems whatsoever using it.I do spray a few hours after dark,so maybe he's spraying during the day.:dontknow:...Who knows????

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

someone posted a link to the article on our bee club's face book page about a month or so back. seem to be lots of conflicting attitudes and misperceptions by the 'newbee' crowd. to myself it sounds like a lot of whining on the beekeeper's part who had failed to heed the state folks warning at numerous times. I myself couldn't see the state actions as being in anyway related to his 'research' on roundup*.

*I at least believe that almost anything of this nature can and will harm bees. if you use such stuff caution and a well consider plan should be able to reduce the harm to an almost undetectable level.

3. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I know one of the inspectors involved in the seizure. He's pretty tight lipped but would answer yes or no questions. They guy has been cited numerous times for AFB and as never once done anything to abate the issue but instead sells nucs and used equipment to newbees who take his classes propogating AFB all over NW Illinois, SW Wisconsin, and Western Iowa. After numerous certified letters from the State Apiary Inspectors and Ag Dept somone finally had the guts to act on his inaction. Boo hoo. If his bees and "research" were that important to him he could have saved the bees and genetics and put everything into new woodware and burned the old stuff.