Illinois State Beekeepers Assn - Jim Belli No Confidence

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by DLMKA, Nov 23, 2013.

1. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I'm pasting below an email I received (names redacted other than Mr. Belli for privacy) with a little information about President Jim Belli using his position for personal advancement with little respect for the beekeeping community in Illinois. I personally know very few details about the situation other than what is in this email but I do know and trust the people that ARE involved. Sign the petition below if you agree that behavior like this by an elected officer in a state level beekeeping association is not acceptable, please state in the comments in the petition whether you are an Illinois beekeeper and specifically and ISBA member.

Mods, move to the appropriate forum if this is not the correct place for this discussion. I did not see another board that would be a more suitable place so I put it here.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Dlmka, where it is posted is fine. IF it is posted is another question. I will NOT leave it on the forum as anonymous. Either fill in the redacts, or post the Author's name and position. Otherwise, I will have to delete it totally.

3. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

Edited to reflect author.

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

In any democracy or democratic organization, transparency is paramount. Good for you DLMKA.:thumbsup:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

dang yankees can't even get along with each other <insert favorite funny face here>.

I feel your pain there DLmKA. I work real hard at not joining any more organization myself and avoid being elected to any office even harder. I sympathize in that often time a certain personality trait gets some folks elected to office and then this same personality asset becomes a real liability when it come to group dynamics.