I'm from the gov. and I'm here to help you.

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by Iddee, May 23, 2012.

1. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

There are several threads over on that 'other' forum about this. It sounds complicated.

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I've used Roundup around my hives with no problems for years? i'm more concerned about the spraying for mosquitos like going on in Florida (seen on the news this mourning) from the ground with trucks and choppers from the sky? Don't know what their using ,but it can't be good for bees. Jack

3. Murrell

Murrell New Member

This I believe is one of those articles you need too take with a grain or two of salt

This fellow has been fined $500 for failure to destroy his hives by the Illinois Dept. of Ag.
    On the " other board " there are 7 pages in regard to this guy, some bs, but also some local info.
    Also appears he has " lost " all his Round Up data ???

This info available on Google searches.

Murrell

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I'm more concerned about the spread of AFB than either pesticides or herbicides to tell you the truth. That disease scares the crap out of me.

Besides, the only data he's collected so far indicates that hives with AFB die faster than those without AFB regardless of whether roundup is sprayed around (or even in) the hive.

5. Cape Fear Bees

Cape Fear Bees New Member

hmm guess this guy is kinda dumb. If you know your inspection service will burn or fine, why would you ever ever ever trust them to do anything whatsoever. I was told Herbert Cannady used to be pretty heavy with the matches back in the day. (A bee inspector for my area, way way before my time.)

6. bamabww

bamabww New Member

No problems with Roundup here either but I'm very careful when i spray it. They don't spray for mosquitoes here but they do spray the sides of the road with something that kills every plant it touches. You have to put up No Spray signs along your property to prevent it.

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

this article is so 'out there' that I don't know why any response should be necessary.

as far as sprays go... I am basically with Jack on this one. of all the spray stuff roundup is not on my primary list of concerns. like all that stuff I would never spray this into a hive and if I did use it I would administer it at the appropriate time (most weed killing agents work best with the least material when the weeds you are wanting to kill are immature and growing).

ps... and I do believe the casual relation in what has happen here in regards to this fellows bees is exactly as Bens suggest.