in need of some engineering for my veil

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by reidi_tim, May 20, 2013.

1. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

To start with here is my jacket and veil http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeeping-supplies/page128.html . So out of the 3 I bought last year ranging from $56 - $110 this is my favorite dad he liked the pull over I got from WT, so the 3rd person gets the other jacket. The only problem with all of them is the veil ( it seems some where in the design phase they did not consider that one might spend a considerable amount of time looking up:confused: leaving ones chin in direct contact with the veil. ) This is where the retro fit for the veil is, as the bees during a cut out are all to aware of the chin and its vulnerabilty, I will always get popped once:chased:. It would be nice to get some chin protection with out bad side effects as seen in The Jerk ( had to have been my favorite Steve Martin movie ever:rolling::clapping::yahoo::drinks:)

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Have you considered the Ultrabreeze? I like that move too!

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I wonder if Jay Leno ever kept bees?

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Have you ever thought of growing a beard? Or at least a goatee?:thumbsup:

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Short of replacing the hood with a different type of veil, I don't think there's much you can do. Anything you do to stiffen it will kind of negate the collapsing of the veil when you fold it back.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

duct tape on your chin

just kidding!!

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! :yahoo:
    We have a winner! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

So 50 years ago ( maybe 12 but seems like 50 ) I had goatee when I started dating her. In her own little way I found myself being clean shaven ( not really sure how that happened :dontknow:) After I hurt my back I grew a beard with a lot of hostility from the boss lady ( I hurt and was pumped full of pain killers so it was not that big of an issue ). After about 7 months of being asked " when are you going to shave that thing off ? " I did break down and shave, not because of her badgering but I couldn't remember y I grew it in the first place. So far seems G3 has the winning andwer. :thumbsup:

9. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

I have a suit similar to that from dadant and my chin does not contact the screen / veil at all. But I ordered a 3X when all I needed was a L. I haven't done so with mine but seeing Dave with his hat on underneath his veil might also be a solution for you.

10. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Yes a hat helps 1st time I did a cut out it was only a few minutes before I got popped in the forehead, straight to the truck for the hat.

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

How about blowing up a small balloon and tucking it under your chin. If this answer can "compete" with G3's, and you decide to try it, make sure the balloon is thick enough not to burst if it gets stung. :lol:1

12. BhaktiBee

BhaktiBee New Member

I want photos of the balloon trick :)

13. Zulu

Zulu Member