Indiana Dave's daughter's score a double on turkeys!

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by Indiana Dave, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

I am a turkey hunting fanatic, have been for years. Naturally, I wanted to introduce turkey hunting to my girls as soon as I thought they were ready. This morning I took my youngest daughter, Amber (7 years old), out for the Indiana Youth Turkey Hunting Season for her first turkey hunt. She has been asking to go turkey hunting ever since I started taking my oldest daughter 4 years ago. At 8:20 this morning she killed her first turkey at 18 steps! 20 lbs. with a 9 inch beard.
    My Dad took my oldest daughter, Katrina (10 years old) for their first hunt together. This is her fourth turkey season. She killed her third turkey at 7:00 this morning with her grandpa. 24 lbs. with a 10 inch beard.
    I couldn't be prouder of my girls!!!!:grin:

[​IMG]

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

SKIN WHAT YOU KILL :grin:

No helping on the skinning, dad. :grin:

Two beautiful ladies learning what family really means. Good for you and Grandpa.

And congrats to them. A great accomplishment for them both.

3. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Great job girls. Nothing better than spending time with the kiddos outdoors.

Congrats and good shooting.

James

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOO HOO!! Great looking birds for sure, congrats on them!!!!

I bet a lot of the men are envious of your gals, good shooting girls and good on ya Dad and Grandpa for taking the time to spend with your kids in the woods, three generations of hunters all together :thumbsup:

5. markles

markles New Member

Fantastic!!

Those lovely girls of yours will benefit from the experience in ways that you can’t begin to imagine. Priceless – one of the best investments you can make. Well done.

My oldest son (now 27) started hunting with me (more outdoor adventure than hunting) when he was 6. To this day he recalls every small detail of those early hunts and gets away to “the bush” with his young family every chance he gets – he uses a camera not a rifle now.:thumbsup:

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

When do you introduce them to beekeeping?:smile:

7. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

Oh yeah.....BEES!
    [​IMG]
    This is my oldest daughter, Katrina, taken last year. A week ago she took a sting to the lip. To my surprise, she didn't cry. She brushed it off and was like, "Dangit Dad, I just got stung on the lip! But maybe it was God was trying to help me with my chapped lips." What a girl!:thumbsup:

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

HAHA tough as nails gals, got to love them!! I got 4 and to tell the truth they are not tough at all :lol:

9. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Excellent! Co-worker here takes his daughters out too..they got one yesterday also. I think they hunted Switzerland county. You have inspired me to go ahead and buy the smaller bee jacket for my daughters. Sounds like your raising them to be strong independent gals. Our girls are ladies but we're raising them to take care of themselves also.

10. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Most excellent you can that type of quality time with the kids:thumbsup:

11. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Great photo's Dave! You can't beat time spent in the field with your kids, especially when they can put food on the table! :thumbsup:

12. Marbees

Marbees Member

Great pictures, memories of hunting with father and grandfather will last forever.
    Looks like Dave is doing a great job raising a new generation of huntresses/beekeepers.
    Congratulations :thumbsup: