Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my names John and I live in the Lone Oak community on Waldens Ridge just outside Chattanooga , Tn. Right now I'm reading as much as I can about bee keeping. I found out today that my sons supervisor also keeps bees. So, my next step will be to see if he will talk to me about his bees. I've enjoyed the site so far and really like the sticky about getting started.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Welcome John: :hi:

"my next step will be to see if he will talk to me about his bees"........ :mrgreen: Usually not a problem getting a beek to do that, it's usually getting us to shut up that's a problem! :lol:
You have found a good spot here to pick up plenty of advice and hopefully answers to any questions you have, all done in a friendly eviroment.
If this gentleman will agree to mentor you, you will have struck a gold mine. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Another Vol on the forum, welcome aboard!! :wave:

I would ask if he would mentor you and if not at least let you tag along in the bee yard, you will learn much with hands on.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I'm just up the road in Ten Mile in Meigs County. I'm just starting out, too. You should check out http://www.tnbeekeepers.org/ and http://tennvalleybeekeepers.org/aboutus.aspx for local organizations. I'm finding out that by reading and doing that I think I'm learning. My bees have survived their first winter, so I feel like so far, so good. I hope you're successful, too! :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome John

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome John, I am new here myself and trying to learn all I can about beekeeping, you are lucky to have someone that can show you about beekeeping, you will have a run start on me unless I can find someone around where I live to show me. Good luck

Kebee

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum John! :hi: Lots of knowledge here with plenty of trial by fire experiences shared...learning from our and others mistakes.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
a Perry snip..
Usually not a problem getting a beek to do that, it's usually getting us to shut up that's a problem!

tecumseh:
welcome aboard and amen to the above.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
welcome aboard glad to have you

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Hi from abroad. :hi:
You are sure to enjoy your stay here, and if you're like the rest of us, you'll learn a lot too. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts