Interesting email today... I have another trap-out to do. Same tree as last year!

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by pturley, May 7, 2012.

1. pturley

pturley New Member

Last July, I conducted my first trap-out in a large sycamore tree about 15 miles from my house.

http://www.beekeepingforums.com/threads/4126-OK-which-works-better-with-a-Trap-out

At the end of the trap-out, I had asked the homeowner if they would caulk up the entrances to the tree hollow (I didn't have any with me, they were working on windows and doors on the house at the time!) Apparently, they never got around to it as I just recieved an email stating that a swarm of bees has just taken residence in this sycamore tree again!

I'll be heading out this way with a camera, trap out cone and hive boxes some night later this week!

(and then there were four!)

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Boy, did I miss something or what?
    I just went and followed Paul's link. I was "gone" during the months of July, August and September and missed all of this?
    What a great thread. The camera thingy was excellent and the whole trap-out was virtually perfect. I wonder what else I missed? :lol:
    I'm all up for a repeat performance Paul, go get 'em! :thumbsup: