Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on dialup. Slow dialup. Cable broadband no time soon. Sprint wireless broadband does now reach me. Limited to 5GB's a month. Is that enough GB's? This and the other bee forum is my main bandwidth usage. A little surfing every now and then. Problem is my DW loves her Farm Town on Facebook. An hour a night at least.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Charles. You haul that tractor down here and I'll fix that 3 point for ya :D .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Give me an old muscle car to work on any day"
Are you particular, I'm partial to 1960's Pontiac's. 389's and 421's. Even still have a 65 GTO emblem hanging over the inside of my barn door.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
partial to fords myself, I have a 69 cougar that I restored for shows years back. Once the paint was chipped we reworked the motor and ran it at the local strip. I'll snap a photo and we can get a fun thread going in the photo gallery. Also have a 97 stang cobra flavored with a rag top but that's just a grocery getter ;)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fords are good. I have more in the 460 carburated motor in my motorhome than I do in the motor in my wifes 80 Vett. New paint job, all rubber seals about a year ago and its been driven maybe 10 miles since.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my wireless Sprint broadband going tonight and a lot faster than I expected. Youtube dosen't run for 3 sec and then quit for 30. Maybe now I can get in on some of these podcasts.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
rast writes:
I am on dialup.

tecumseh hanging his head in shame and mutters me too.

on the positive side rast I do have a '52 ford truck that at sometime in the future I will restore. I did toss the old flathead. anyone wish to comment on what would be a good replacement motor for the old ford (and the somewhat older beekeeper)?

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Well, since you tossed the best V8 engine ever built, it may be a hard choice to make on a replacement. My next choice would be a 289, although you definitely want to install a new oil pump, as that was the weakest point in the 289 engine.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
rast said:
Got my wireless Sprint broadband going tonight and a lot faster than I expected. Youtube dosen't run for 3 sec and then quit for 30. Maybe now I can get in on some of these podcasts.
Good for you! You'll never be able to go back now ...

tecumseh said:
on the positive side rast I do have a '52 ford truck that at sometime in the future I will restore. I did toss the old flathead. anyone wish to comment on what would be a good replacement motor for the old ford (and the somewhat older beekeeper)?
Any of the small block fords would be a good choice, a properly tuned bone stock 351 will net plenty of torque and decent gas mileage (there's no replacement for displacement ;) )

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also would probably opt for the 351W. I would not use a 302 due to a lot less bottom end torque. If would also ditch the Motorcraft carb and put a 600 Holley on it. Most of my thinking goes towards the older motors in that truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts