Internet advice please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rast, Sep 7, 2009.

1. rast

rast New Member

I am on dialup. Slow dialup. Cable broadband no time soon. Sprint wireless broadband does now reach me. Limited to 5GB's a month. Is that enough GB's? This and the other bee forum is my main bandwidth usage. A little surfing every now and then. Problem is my DW loves her Farm Town on Facebook. An hour a night at least.

2. Charles

Charles New Member

5gb is plenty for what your doing, if your on dialup are you using the subsilver2 theme here on this forum? It loads much faster than the glacier theme due to it having much fewer graphics...

3. rast

rast New Member

Thank you Charles. You haul that tractor down here and I'll fix that 3 point for ya :D .

4. Charles

Charles New Member

haha I finally I have it working now :) Give me an old muscle car to work on any day!

5. rast

rast New Member

"Give me an old muscle car to work on any day"
    Are you particular, I'm partial to 1960's Pontiac's. 389's and 421's. Even still have a 65 GTO emblem hanging over the inside of my barn door.

6. Charles

Charles New Member

partial to fords myself, I have a 69 cougar that I restored for shows years back. Once the paint was chipped we reworked the motor and ran it at the local strip. I'll snap a photo and we can get a fun thread going in the photo gallery. Also have a 97 stang cobra flavored with a rag top but that's just a grocery getter ;)

7. rast

rast New Member

Fords are good. I have more in the 460 carburated motor in my motorhome than I do in the motor in my wifes 80 Vett. New paint job, all rubber seals about a year ago and its been driven maybe 10 miles since.

8. rast

rast New Member

Went from computers to tractors to hot rods. Imagine that.

9. rast

rast New Member

Got my wireless Sprint broadband going tonight and a lot faster than I expected. Youtube dosen't run for 3 sec and then quit for 30. Maybe now I can get in on some of these podcasts.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

rast writes:
    I am on dialup.

tecumseh hanging his head in shame and mutters me too.

on the positive side rast I do have a '52 ford truck that at sometime in the future I will restore. I did toss the old flathead. anyone wish to comment on what would be a good replacement motor for the old ford (and the somewhat older beekeeper)?

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Well, since you tossed the best V8 engine ever built, it may be a hard choice to make on a replacement. My next choice would be a 289, although you definitely want to install a new oil pump, as that was the weakest point in the 289 engine.

12. Charles

Charles New Member

Good for you! You'll never be able to go back now ...

Any of the small block fords would be a good choice, a properly tuned bone stock 351 will net plenty of torque and decent gas mileage (there's no replacement for displacement ;) )

13. rast

rast New Member

I also would probably opt for the 351W. I would not use a 302 due to a lot less bottom end torque. If would also ditch the Motorcraft carb and put a 600 Holley on it. Most of my thinking goes towards the older motors in that truck.