Intro from western New York state

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by patricium, Jul 31, 2010.

1. patricium

patricium New Member

I live in western New York state (Niagara county), and have not been a beekeeper, but plan to get two hives in the spring. Right now I'm in the intensive research phase, so I'm poking around on beekeeping forums and reading books. I'd like to take a class or two, but may not be able to until spring, as the classes seem to be very popular and fill up quickly. I'm not looking to do much honey harvesting - for me it's more about increasing the bee population and doing my part to save the world. ;-)

2. BIGEDDIE

BIGEDDIE New Member

Hello and welcome. It might help to find a frendly beekeeper in your area to get advice from and help you get started.
    Good luck on your new venture.

Eddie

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Hi! I'm from about your same climate, and keep 2 hives in the Erie, PA area. If you need any area specific advice, I'm no expert, but I will do my best.

What you are thinking of doing is a wonderful thing. Even if you don't harvest the honey, you can still benefit. My raspberry crop about tripled after I got bees!

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcome aboard. You have a very good plan on how to get started in bees. I wish all newbees had a plan like yours. You couldnt find a better forum than right here. We are small but, however, there is a lot of long time keeps who love to help out. When a newbee comes in with a plan like yours even us old guys get a lesson every once in awhile. Dont be afraid to ask question and post your ideas and thoughts sometimes new people can bring in good ideas for all to learn because they think outside the box. the only dumb question is one that dont get asked. Again welcome aboard and hope to see you active here on the forum