Inverter question

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by LtlWilli, Jul 27, 2011.

1. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Must you leave your truck running to prevent excessive drain on the battery? My bee vac pulls 900 watts and I would not care to drain it. Any experiences would be appreciated...Thanks
    LtlWilli

2. rast

rast New Member

No experience on a single battery and inverter, but. It depends on the amp hr. rating and condition of the battery. A middle of the road great shape 660 amp hr. battery will only last appx 4.75 hrs @ 1000 watts.

3. Crofter

Crofter New Member

900watts at 12 V = approx. 80 amps current draw. That is probably 7 times the drain of leaving your lights on. Every time you deep discharge a starting duty battery really reduces its life expectancy so keeping the engine running lets the alternator take the load instead of putting it on the battery debit card which costs you interest.

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Check with JC Whitney. You can but a battery isolator (sp?) and an extra battery tray. Get a deep cycle battery and hook it up on the other side. The isolator will allow you to drain the aux. battery without discharging the starting battery. Absent this, yes-run your truck.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I meant buy a battery isolator.