Ironman contest in Ariz.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brooksbeefarm, Nov 20, 2011.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Our forty year old son is in this.Our grandaughter just called and said daddy just finished the 4 mile swim, and has started his 112 mile bike ride, and then go on the 22 mile run, he hopes to finish all this in 13 hours. I ask him why he wanted to take vacation time for something like that, :confused: He smiled and said it was something he always wanted to do. :shock: Been trying to watch it on the computer (Ironman live. com) but don't know how to get the program going. Kids nowaday, how do you figure. :confused: Jack

2. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Jack,

I think, if you go to the bottom of the page (http://www.ironmanlive.com) and click "Continue to IRONMAN.com" it might get you there. Ironman.com has a pink square in the top middle of the page with "Arizona live updates" and "Athlete Tracker". You may be able to enter your son's name and see how he's doing.

Hope this helps.

Walt

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Walt, Thank you very much, my wife followed your instructions and found his name (Jason) and his swim time 1:29:45. he is on his bike ride now. She found the site this mourning (7:00am) and it had sound and it was telling about past contest, but the sound went off. Thanks again, were not computer savvy.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

He finished the 112 mile bike ride in 5:46:18, now for the 22 mile run on foot. :wave: Jack

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

A lot of hours training and dedication go into getting into one of these events. Got more motivation than this ole fat keeps got :Dancing:

6. rast

rast New Member

My hats off to him! There is now a training camp bout 1/2 mile from my house, used to be a drug den. http://www.aaatricamp.com/

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Well he finished. :thumbsup: there were around 2,000 contestants, they had to swim 2 miles, ride a bike 112 miles,and run on foot 22 miles. I don't know where he placed yet, but his total time was 11 hrs. and 28 min. It made me tired thinking about it, so i had a bowl of ice cream and took a nap. :mrgreen: Jack

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I am with you Jack, I need a nap just thinking about that. I would have drowned in the first 100 yards of the swim, wonder if they would have let me were my floaties :rules: :to_keep_order: naaaa!!

He has to be in great shape mentally and physically to just complete a thing like that, bet he sleeps in today though.

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

According to the grandaughter, they going out for pizza for supper, get up early and go to the Grand Canyon. I think Jason needs a outlet from his job(anesthesiologist), after seeing,and working with sick and dying people every day. It has made him more health conscious,which i think you can carry to far, but what do i know, i'm just an old sprout cutter. :mrgreen: Jack

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

i think perhaps jason didn't fall far from the tree??? and a pretty good tree at that.