Is he or isn't she?

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by PerryBee, May 22, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I wonder if it's ever been talked about, perhaps having something indicating gender in our avatar/signature area when we sign on?
    I have noticed a time or two that people have been mistaken in the way they have addressed or been addressed when communicating with someone on the forum. I admittedly have assumed some of our members were of one stripe, only to discover after many posts that they in fact are of a different stripe :oops: . (Never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer)
    Could it be that perhaps some are not comfortable identifying themselves as male or female on a forum for security reasons?
    Understandable I suppose.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

With my screen name, which is short for identification, many think it is saying I am Dee. I don't see it as a biggee, but there may be a plug-in that gives a space for gender upon sign up. Maybe Charles can chime in on it here.

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

It has never bothered me, and I hope anyone who has pictured me with a beard has not felt bad.

Although it's not the case in this forum, I must say that the nebulous ID is handy on things like Car Repair forums, so I don't get some stupid condescending answer to my questions.

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I at one time put my foot in my mouth and swalllowed it on another bee forum chat room talking about mead. Thought the person wanting the info on mead was a guy. told them what we called it and man did things get lit up in there. still banned to this day over that one and there was no profanity used :D

5. rast

rast New Member

Rat, aren't you glad your here now, I am.

6. rast

rast New Member

Oh good grief, I spelt "you're" wrong :mrgreen:.

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

You spelled spelled wrong, too. So what. Who's looking? :p :mrgreen:

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:rolling: :rotfl: :mrgreen:

9. riverrat

riverrat New Member

best parting gift they ever gave me was the incentive to look for a new home. And I couldnt have found a better one

10. bwwertz

bwwertz New Member

I bee a she. =) I'm glad ya'll are all here! You're helping me out tremendously!!!! Thank you!

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

wow no wonder I like thisforum so well never been able to tell a woman what to do and being told glad your here :Dancing: :thumbsup:

12. bwwertz

bwwertz New Member

Lol! Glad I made your day! =)

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I must say I am really clueless about such stuff. Perhaps this might explain why (much like RiverRat) I have been banned in Boston so to speak.

I do recall when it did dawn on me that Hobie was not a he, although I never pictured him/her with a beard.

14. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Gender really isn't important, to HAVE to state, with regards to being informative or getting informed, while polite generally inquired subtlely, as to whom your adressing, so I will for that purpose say ( incase you didn't know or want to know ) I am a guy.

15. Skyhigh

Skyhigh New Member

What she said. :Dancing:

(Btw, this thread just totally cracked me up. Almost spit coffee on my monitor!)

16. Omie

Omie New Member

Doesn't matter to me whether the person posting is male or female, why should it matter?- unless one is saying stupid things, which of course never happens here. :roll: :lol:

Riverrat I doubt your mead comment would ruffle me.

17. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member