It is swarm season in Florida!

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by RE Jones, Jul 19, 2012.

1. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

Zookeep, get your swarm equipment on stand by.

I had a swarm come through my bee yard about two weeks ago, and I caught and hived them.

Yesterday at work, while I was in a meeting, got a call that there was a swarm on a post in one of our plants. By the time I got out of the meeting, a fellow bee keeper had been called about them. When I arrived at the scene, he was putting them in a deep 5 frame nuc. Looked like they covered about three frames.

Looks like the time has arrived and I am looking forward to it this year. I have enough equipment built that I can take another 5-6 and see if they make it through the winter, if we have one this year.:razz:

Robert

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

It seems like catching swarms has become a "competitive" sport. Let's hope it always stays friendly---like Robert putting Zookeep on call. :drinks:

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

:lol: last thing I need right now is another hive, I have 28 now and end of this month I will be back at beekeeping 1 year, and Im not even counting the 2 trap outs I have going and the 2 removals I still have to do, I have been ready to buy a extractor now 2 times and ended up opting for 10 more boxes and 100 frames and foundation twice, I have 1 hive now 5 nines high and 2 other just about ready for there 5th, but I like EFs idea, FULL CONTACT BEE KEEPING!!!!!(gets his british ww2 helmet back on under his veil and starts wearing his kevlar bee suite) and remember guys anything less then a 30cal is not going to get the job done:grin: