It's been awhile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Dec 16, 2017.

1. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Life got in my way for the past 3 years or so and I've just in the last few months found time to get caught back up with my internet friends. Hello to all.

I still have my bees and now have 8 hives, 5 of which gave me an abundant honey harvest this year. I hope all of you have been doing well in my absence and look forward to catching up on the forum once again.

2. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Forum slowed down a lot, glad to see you back. I've still got my bees, going to make them some fondant candy today I think.

bamabww likes this.

3. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

welcome back..where are you located?

4. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Near Moulton, Alabama. Northern part of the state in Lawrence county. My bees are located in two locations (can't spell that "a" word) about 8 miles apart. 5 on my homeplace and 3 on my dad's.

5. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

Nice, im in the process of splitting hives to build up several and then to move some upstate, I tried to split last year and almost had it till robber bees emptied out the smaller hive, part my fault for trying to give them a treat of honey filled comb I left outside their hive, a diner bell to the robbers..wont do that again, so this spring will be try #2..

bamabww likes this.