Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out weeding flower beds today, and found a paperwhite in bloom! The daffodils and jonquils are in fat bud, and there is a rosette of greenery around the bottom of our Mexican tarragon. The poppies are up, and a bunch of baby Peruvian Rock Roses are clustered around the mama plant.
It's beginning--spring is on the way! Gosh, I love living in Texas!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
It will not be long then.

I weed the flowers around here with the lawn mower and weed eater :shock: :lol: :lol:

G3

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm so excited for you beekeeperhelper! :yahoo:
I can't wait till we spring arrives here! We still have about a month and a half to go.
However, our family is preparing to expand our gardens! we have 2 new strawberry beds halfway built and I finally got the yard almost completely cleared of leaves. (It only took 3 days to rake 1.5 acres and I only got one blister this time!) :thumbsup:
mama and xlb got the garden all cleaned up and all we have to do there now is till in some compost and plant seeds.( we should already have peas in, but didn't get to it before it started raining :( )

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I got my flower beds cleaned up and looking pretty, they just need some compost and mulch. My irises are peeking up pretty greenery and the jonquils are sending up their first bit of green. My grape hyacinths are all greened out too! Now if can just get Baby Beek's hollyhocks to grow out here I'll be flat out tickled.

The only thing that would make it better is for me to figure out how to do all of the raking and cleaning and shoveling and so on without getting a back ache.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah, Omie, we're a bit "Latitude-challenged" here! Except for my crazy snowdrops that bloom in Feb., I won't see anything until mid-April.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hobie said:
Yeah, Omie, we're a bit "Latitude-challenged" here! Except for my crazy snowdrops that bloom in Feb., I won't see anything until mid-April.
Usually around april 1st I see a few crocuses blooming through the snow. :roll:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I need to go check my Hellebores. They are probably in bloom. The last time I looked, I could only see the tops of the plants. The past week has brought milder weather and the snow has melted enough that we can see most the yard! Today is supposed to rainy and in the 50's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts