its offical the boy is at camp pendleton

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Dec 6, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

The rats son arrived at camp pendleton early this morning for his first day of marine boot camp the wife cried all day yesterday after he left but I cant help but wonder today with a :D on my face if he has a drill seargent with his hat brim tapping him in the forehead barking orders and the young man is thinkin. what! wait! there must be some mistake this isnt what the recruiter said boot camp would be like. surely he didnt lie to me. and where is the condo yacht and hummer he said I would be enjoying. :Dancing: Naw that cant happen he told me last month the recruiter was one fine fellow that told him that recruiters quit lying to new recruits years ago. :D However the boy is to much like his papa he will make it through if it kills him.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I am sure it was an eye opening experience for him this morning, can't help but chuckle a little. My Dad had 43 years in the Army and I was his little buck private up til the day he died. Some days just did not seem worth even getting out of bed cause I knew what was in store for me. I have come to really appreciate it though and wish he would have been a little tougher on me. It is funny when I butt heads with some hot head on a job site that thinks it is his way or no way and tries to bully you around by being aggressive and loud. They just don't realize that is how I was raised and I can laugh at them. Seen Dad make grown men cry before with just verbal abuse, felt sorry for a few of them.

Rat tell mama not to shed any tears, they will take fine care of him. He will come home all polished up and proud of himself. It is mostly just mind games trying to find your breaking point.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Or improve your breaking point before you break.

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

momma feels better she got a measage from the boy last night in her cell saying he made it and he is officially in and doing fine not sure where he got the phone my guess would be if he got caught seargent carter and gomer problably are not to happy and there is a boat load of recruits with extra duty today but it sure made the little wifey happy :)

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

>>>momma feels better she got a measage from the boy last night in her cell<<<

OH! Is she serving time? :eek: :twisted:

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Three things you learn fast at boot camp, say yes sir, salute anything that moves, and don't volunteer for nothing. :mrgreen: Jack

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

wow should have google spell checked that one. In instead of on makes a world of difference in that statement :goodpost:

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I know my recruiter didn't lie to me... he told me it would be the hardest 13 weeks in my life up to that point, and it sure as heck was. Back when I went through MCRD San Diego they had us write home pretty quickly after arriving... told us every word to write to make it sound like we were doing well... of course we weren't, we'd been up for 36 hours straight running everywhere itchy as all get-out from the haircut with no shower for days afterward, and hurting like heck already from all the working out. Still, it was a great time. The base there is quite nice I have to say.

Tell him I said Semper Fi, do or die, ooh rah!