its official da rat is a redneck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Apr 26, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Ole Rat proves again he is a true redneck. I scrapped out a 88 buick le saber today. with a titled weight of 3000 lbs dry weight. I Loaded the trunk full of metal chips and drops from the shop then drove the car 25 miles to the scrap yard. Took it across the scales I had 3980lbs total weight which put 1000lbs of scrap in the trunk no wonder the rear wheels was bowed in and the shocks was bottomed out and the transmission was slippping al the way. The lady at the scrapper said she has had people drive in cars to scrap but never with a 1000lbs in the trunk

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

so...............how did you get back home after you sold your ride :confused: :lol: :lol:

a real red neck would have just walked back home or had the riding lawn mower strapped to the trunk for the ride home :rolling: :rolling:

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

wife fallered me in the truck promised to buy here a new set of shoes at goodwill and a couple winders for the house
    had a trailer could have loaded it on but anyone can do that. I like adventure :rotfl:

4. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Sorry Rat, a real Red Neck would never get rid of a 88 Buick, and running also ?

The sign of a real prosperus Red Neck is how many old cars he has setting around in the yard, if the wheels are still on, it will go if need be.

That the real way it is in the Ozarks !

Murrell

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Read his tagline. When she said that about the junkers, he decided to keep her.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I think Murrell has it absolutely correct. I mean you could have hauled half a dozen huntin' dogs around in that old car. Shame... dang shame, if you ask me.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Ole rat is shamed what in the heck was i thinking. now i got guilt on my sole
    :D :beg:

8. rast

rast New Member

Times are tough. Anything metal I put out next to the road in front of my house is gone the next day. My old 60" Yazoo mower broke down out there next to the road a week or so ago and I was scared to leave it til the wife got home to help me tow it to the barn. Did it by myself.
    IDDEE, did you ever meet Mr Fishback? he owned that grove where you uh, picked those oranges. He would buy a brand new Caddie ever few years and use it for a pickup truck in his groves.

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Heard stories of him, but never met him.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip...
    he owned that grove where you uh, picked those oranges.

tecumseh:
    pilfering is we?

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Taking samples for testing.... :thumbsup: :D

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

as Rast likely knows the sampling by 'snow birds' is (or at least was) a quite typical part of the Florida landscape. when I lived there I use to see it real regular. I often wondered if the 'snow birds' was back home would they stop along the road and 'sample' a watermelon from a patch or a few apples from someone's orchard? during my tour in Florida most of the commercial growers I knew didn't really mind the samplin' so much. I really think they consider it minor and nothin' significant to worry about.