It's Snowing Here!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverbee, Jul 5, 2012.

1. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

well, it’s not really snowing here but you had to read the thread, made you look didn’t i ?!?!?!?!:rotfl:
    I FIBBED! just having a little fun...you all can spank me for it!:lol:

RECORD TEMPS....what is everyone else experiencing?

record temps here the past week, all triple digits and humidity to match, driving the heat index up, no rain, except 2 nights, nothing to speak of. today topped out at 105, a record breaker since 1949 which was 107. the heat is to continue through the weekend. i suffered a little heat exhaustion yesterday and today from weekend temps and monday’s temp of 107, outside fooling around too long. shooey!

i posted in weather observations and happenings:
    “ellsworth, wisconsin, record heat; ellsworth is just up the road from me, 7 miles. not sure why this farmer caught a story on a big city tv station in minneapolis, other than last year some of his cows were caught in massive flooding of the rush river.
    record heat and humidity here last week, in the triple digits, one day topped out at 107, same today. feels like a visit to the southern states here lately. can't wait to visit home in montana, and some cool mountain air end of the month. my bees have plenty of ventilation, some shade, and fresh water close by (the river). always an amazing sound to me, listening to the hum of the cooling unit of the hive.

heat wave tough on the dairy cows

my folks tell me glacier park got 6†of snow and shut down going to the sun road, but they are clearing it. here’s a pic from april: yeah, there’s a road under all that snow, what a view!

[​IMG]

2. Walt B

Walt B New Member

River, sounds like your weather is more like our El Paso than yours. I think you folks up North stole our weather. It's OK...you can keep it for awhile. :thumbsup:

We haven't been over 100 degrees since June 27. Last year at this time we had 23 days above 100; this year only 6. Last year we had 6" of rain for the year; this year we've had 20". Of course, the first 3 months were above average and the last 3 below, so things are drying out. But, overall things are a lot better.

Walt

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

walt it is just crazy up here, the older i get, the less i tolerate the high heat and humidity, and i am not keen on visiting the southern states during summer months, you folks can keep that :grin:

it was 80s towards end of april, unheard of. then the rains and floods that sent us to a nectar dearth until about 3 weeks ago, now the heat..... with little rain, a couple nights this week, short lived hail, no rain just a short burst of hail about 3 and 4 a. m. in the morning? we are supposed to get a cold front coming in next week, maybe 80's to 90, well, that would be a cold front considering what it is today:lol:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

You are much hotter and colder than we are. Our record high is 104, which it has tied a few times. We very seldom see 100.

Our record cold is -7, and that was in 1940.

Maybe you should reconsider a move to the south.