Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you believe I got my first bee call today. Bees in the side of a house. owner says they just showed up this week during the warm spell we have had. Any bets on wether thats a fact.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep but he swore they wasnt there last year. Got to say this is the earliest bee call I have gotten

·
Registered
235 Posts
This past week I've done two cut outs. We've had drones now for about ten days and the night time temps have warmed up quite a bit.

Not seeing swarm cells just some cups and lots of drones.

That swarm you go remove like Iddee said is from last season.

Have fun removing them!

...JP

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are bees going to wait till the end of march to cut them out little early here for me to start cutouts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The first warm spell and the calls start as the bees come out for "clensing flights". For the uninitiated going from not seeing any bees for months to thousands flying around looks a little spooky. They start looking for ways to get rid of the problem.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Omie, please :beg: keep that weather up there. We have pin blooms on the Murcots (a variety of orange). The grove owner is fertilizing and watering this week. My bees should start pulling orange blossom nectar in less than 3 weeks weather permitting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw the girls bringing in pollen for the first time on Wednesday! We got 2 inches of snow yesterday with a little more possibly Saturday but Sunday is supposed to get back up to the low 50's again. Winter is starting to fade is sin't gone yet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
First swarm call February 25, gave this one to my friend in Raceland, Louisiana. Kind of regret doing it just a tad cause they are very "golden" pretty bees!

Caught my first one March 1st on a soffit in an apartment complex about twenty feet up.

Its on down in southeast, Louisiana!

...JP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts