I've Been a Busy Bee...

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by DonMcJr, Oct 3, 2012.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

I've been busy with a 20 x 23 Addition on our house. Just gutted the Kitchen and redid it and it's 98% Done. Made our Master Bedroom Bigger and that's done. Now it's onto the rest of the addition...

Tomorrow I am forcing myself to take a break from the addition cause I have about 50 lbs more honey to take off my hives, then inspect them for winter...Pretty sure my weakest hive is dead but the other 2 are doing great!

Here's Some pics of my addition work...I'm tired!

Attached Files:

2. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

wow, that must have taken you at least two weeks:) Just kidding, I'm a tradesperson and all those DIY shows make everything look so easy. Looks good.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I wondered where you have been. That looks great! Did you do everything from footer to roof? My wife talked me into painting our kitchen almost the exact same yellow...

Did you think about sneaking a honey room in with that addition?

4. jim314

jim314 New Member

I'm very impressed Don, it looks great!

5. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Thanks...I had the footing and shell done by someone else...the whole inside drywall etc I'm doing...Dads helping with the electrical and I have to start the plumbing this weekend.

Wanted to fit in a honey room but too much more money.

The Maple Syrup/Honey House will be next Summers Project.

I'm already sick of drywall and I have a 9 x 6 bathroom and laundry room to do and a 12 x 12 family room and then the breezeway between the house and garage...

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Well done Don, but you realize by posting those pictures you have set my recovery back at least a year! :lol:

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

being somewhat of a trades person myself (now ya' didn't think I had wasted all my life with my pursuit of multiple degrees now did ya'?) I really do like to see the things folks build and what they build for themselves often makes a very large statement about who they are.... hats off to ya'.... looks very nice.

8. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Very nice. Congrats on a job well done. Soon you'll get to the relaxing part.

9. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

very cool don!
    missed you and all your web cam adventures, ! and wondered where you disappeared to ! :wave:

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Don,
    Biggger bedroom Huh? You and your wife must feel like a queen bee after a new super is added to the hive. :rotfl:
    Enjoy the well earned addition. I enjoyed the pics. Thanks.

11. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I second that! Don, the ceiling is especially enjoyable to do...arms get tired holding it unless you have a tool to hold it up...

12. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Very nice - I have my kitchen half gutted right now. Yours may be an inspiration! (postponing finishing, the only thing holding up the sink is pretty scary, but right now I need the sink.)

13. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Actually I started the demo and drywall work in the Kitchen on a Thursday and had it all painted and Cabinets in the following Tuesday...and floor on Thursday...so my kitchen remodel only took me a week...wow I knew I was rushing but that was quick no wonder I feel like a zombie!

We had the kitchen blocked off for a month before that cause the carpenters had to knock out walls. So needless to say as soon as their slow ass's got done I really wanted a kitchen back and busted my butt...

14. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Ok so the Siding is all done...looks like a new house!

Before and after Pics...

Also painted my sons room today...

Attached Files: