Java problem?

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by PerryBee, Nov 1, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Almost every time as of late, and only on this website, I keep getting a pop-up for me to update my Java. I did it but continue to get these pop ups every time I visit the site.
    Is there a setting I have to adjust?

Perry

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Install the version from the http://www.java.com/en/ there are other repacked versions that try to get you to installing a pile of addons.

3. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

Guys - it would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of the total screen showing the ads and such that are on that page. Thanks -

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

The first popup that said java was out of date with a update file link, that downloaded a file called (Java.exe) It uninstalled the previous Java and then tried to load 5 additional program / utility's with it that you could decline if you read and clicked on the proper button. Having declined all their extra offers java 7 did not install. So I went to the Java.com website and installed the version from there (jxpiinstall.exe) that only asks if you want to install the Ask toolbar for your browser. I have the (java.exe) file I can send you. I will zip it and send it to you if you like.
    Keith

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

6. BKF

I appreciate that, but if you could get me a screenshot as well that will go a long way in getting it taken care of.

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Perry. Must be a Canadian thing if we are the only ones having an issue with it. I use Firefox for a browser and i fixed the problem by installing the update from JAVA.COM before you even posted the first time. I also keep of automated updates and check for updates turned off for most programs also.

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

austin, what on this website requires java?

apis and perry, i don't know that it's a canadian thing, maybe......i run firefox too, and firefox by default now for me, will not let any java programs run without approval; security thing, i know perry i lost you.....in the past i uninstalled java totally from my pc. some websites require it, so i reinstalled and the plugin for firefox also installs; so firefox will prompt you to update it and run it. so my question is what on this forum requires java austin? the only problem i seem to have now is no visible editing and formatting options when replying to a post? is this java based as well?
    hope i made sense? (started a thread on this).
    and yes apis, the crap that comes with it, like the ask toolbar.....uncheck the boxes for all the junk programs when installing perry.

so anyway perry, if you figured out how to install the latest version of java do so, otherwise you will have auto reminders to do it. firefox has a neat tool if you go to tools, add ons, plugins, check plugins to see if they are up to date. when you check plugins, firefox will show you which of these need updated if you already haven't been reminded......and then a link to update them by.

did i make any sense.....*OKHY^R%REFGGHJKL))P)(**&*&&^%%.....
    :lol: sorry perry!

9. BKF

We need to see a complete screen shot of a page when this happens so we can see the ads on the page.
    It is being worked on.