Jerks, self-rightious, or just ignorant.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BjornBee, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Here is one thing that annoys me.

I'm driving along, and a car in front of me wants to turn left off a two lane road. Cars coming the other way. So car pulls all the way over to the right line, blocking me from going around as if on purpose. If the car was over just a few feet, any car could easily go around as there is much room on the berm. But no!

Anyone else with an example?

2. beehandler

beehandler New Member

in n.c. it is illegal to pass on the right !!

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

So that would be "self-rightious" then.... :D (beehandler - I know you just stated state law and nothing more. I'm just furthering the discussion. Not really directing this at you)

I think thats on par for those who sit in the left lane endlessly going exactly the speed limit, while suggesting "Why would those drivers be upset? I'm going the speed limit and they are not supposed to be driving any faster than that. If I'm going the speed limit, how can they be passing me? It's illegal to go faster than the speed limit!"

I wasn't really thinking of particular state laws. I was commenting more along the lines of people who take it upon themselves to enforce some archaic law, or be part of the larger road rage issue.

I think those that hug the right hand line to turn left or drive exactly the speed limit in the left hand lane for 20 miles, all increase road rage and are a source for irrational driving. But I bet they are the first to say "Look at all these crazy drivers!".... :lol:

4. rast

rast New Member

Pulling out in front of me on a two lane road and then just poking along in a no passing zone. Especially when there is nothing behind me. There is a grey SUV that will run his stop sign to do this on my morning commute :evil: .

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Hey, iddee has a gray SUV....... :eek:

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It's blue.....You're color blind. :p Besides, I never go less than 9.9 over the limit.

7. Charles

Charles New Member

Bicyclers that come out on the 2 lane county roads get me going, nothing like dropping from 60mph to 2 because a semi is coming the other way.

Have to admit though, anyone who would ride a 10 speed on a 2 lane highway with semi's doing 65mph easy is a much braver soul than me :)

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I will have to agree with the bike being a very big danger to themselves. Where I live they are everywhere, even have the roads marked for different routes. I just love to catch one on a hill while they are peddling their little hearts out, huffing and puffing. Put the old Powersmoke in 2nd gear and floor it. Most of the time you can't even see them in the rear view mirror.

Another is when people pass you then cut you off, just to cram on the breaks and make a right hand turn.

9. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I know what you are saying and share the frustration w/ you too. But, passing on the right, especially on the berm, driving over the speed limit and doing the speed limit in the left lane are all illegal. If I remember my Drivers Education correctly. The left lane is a passing lane, not a travel lane. Not that we all follow the law to the letter.

Next time make yourself look on it as a break and relax.

Peace,
    Mark

10. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

They actually had video of this thing when I had driving classes in Germany. They are notorious for blowing around that last car, just to turn off 100 meters further along. :eek:

That smoke comment had me busting.... :lol:

11. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

It will be blue if you washed it..... :lol:

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

SSHHHHH!!!!

13. Charles

Charles New Member

Oh man that is rich.... :lol:

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the unmentioned one writes...
    Jerks, self-rightious, or just ignorant.

tecumseh:
    Might I guess no self reflection pass thru someone limited grey matter for .5 nanoseconds before they wrote this????

it really sounds like what you seem to be having such a difficult problem describing is limited or poor driving skills. get a life.... you do not own the road and the 'other' fellow has just as much of a right to the road as yourself. of course for some respecting other folks rights ain't going to happen, although the same folks will not blink an eye in presuming their own rights will be honored.

the someone writes:
    I will have to agree with the bike being a very big danger to themselves.

tecumseh:
    man you folks need to get a life and perhaps a set of reading glasses. at least here in texas that fellow pumping that 10 speed has just as much right to the road as anyone else.

15. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Yeah, I agree. I laughed for sure...... :lol:

16. G3farms

G3farms New Member

What about the joggers on the road. These idiots will jog in the road on the most narrow roads to just be seen, and in other places they will not even use the side walks. The way I see it they are just nuts.

The bikr riders are a danger to them selves, here in Tennessee they are susposed to obey the same rules as a car on the road, but they sure don't. Running stop signs is the biggest one I have seen them do, and passing everybody on the right at a stop sign or red light and then getting in front of them, really clogs up the roads and some people will pass on blind hills and curves.

You have it all wrong about me, I'm not in that big of a hurry and will not take a chance or put some else in danger. I too am on the flip side of that coin when I drive the tractor on the raods, all of the yuppy idiots in such a big hurry to get around you. They have come close to hitting the front of the tractor trying to cut you off real quick and have seen several close calls for head on collisions. People are just plain stupid sometimes.

One day I came around a blind curve and three bike riders are staning in the middle of my lane, off of their bikes. One of them was pumping up a flat tire, with two subdivisions on either side of the road.

I have a life and don't mess with anybody and expect the same from them, I go out of my way to help most people but sure don't take no crap.

I pass that ten speed pedal pumper when it is safe to do so and can not help it if my old diesel truck blows black smoke.

G3

17. Charles

Charles New Member

tecumseh writes:
    man you folks need to get a life and perhaps a set of reading glasses. at least here in texas that fellow pumping that 10 speed has just as much right to the road as anyone else.

Charles:
    That fellow pumping the 10 speed bike has been allocated enough county space to enjoy his day somewhere off the road, maybe I'll jump in the truck and join him there, oh yea, I'm not allowed as it may be a danger to him :roll: I'm not sure about Texas but here in CO vehicle registration prices are incredibly high and I would be more than happy to share the burdon with the biker that feels he has a right to be on that road...

18. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I have often wondered why they don't require tags for bikes and boat trailers in TN. That would generate tons of revenue.

Tags in Knox county are $60 per year which is really kind of cheap compared to some of the other counties.

G3

19. Charles

Charles New Member

When I bought my wife's f150 in 04 the first year tags were over $700, they go down each year until we get to about $50 per year... Very painful!

20. G3farms

G3farms New Member

ouch !! ours were $30 per year until they put a wheel tax on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.