Jobs

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Monie, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Monie

Monie New Member

Do ya'll know if anyone is hiring this time of year? Looks like I'll be out of a job soon.

2. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Aww, sorry to hear that Monie. What do you do for a living?

3. Monie

Monie New Member

Thanks, Baby Beek
    I'm in retail sales, have done it for over 12 years. So, if nothing else, I can help on that end of the bee business.

4. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

I would recommend you try to find something fast as all of the high school and college kids are just getting out or have been out a week or two... They will gobble everything up, from fast food to retail, to country club and hotel work..... I would also find a job to be a placeholder job while you find a good one.

I am about to be out of a job too.... I am working for the US Census full time as my helicopter company is slumping due to the economy. I am hoping with all my fingers and toes crossed they pick me up for the next round of work which will last 1 more month.

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Not to throw a wet blanket, but I've been out of work for well over a year, now. They say it is improving, but I haven't seen it.

There aren't even any large commercial bee keepers in this area where I could help out seasonally.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Over my little life I have been unemployed on several occasion. each episode was tough... as much as anything else being without a job really effect my own perception of my own self worth and eventually would have negative effect on my family. I hated the latter effect much more than I missed the $.

not wishing to turn this thread political....

I was just listening to NPR state that 600,000 jobs had been lost over the last several years which suggest to me that some numbers provided by the government like jobs created and unemployment are likely highly twisted by political influence. Of course some of us will not find this unexpected.

7. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Every time a auto company drops a brand 100,000 jobs are lost.
    GM alone droped 4 brands, 3 heavey american work force ones. Saturn, Pontiac, Saab and Hummer so there went 300,000 American jobs from one company alone last year. Then there were all the sales and mecinic ( adverage 45 jobs) jobs lost at the dealers that were dropped and a nother bunch dropped from the dealers who were single brand dealers like just a Saturn dealer (adverage 31 jobs).

Now Ford is going to drop Mercury as a brand so there goes another 100,000 jobs from Ford.

I vote move more work to China. Since I am on a fixed income and spend my extra money playing with bees I can afford the Chinese junk easier.

:mrgreen: Al

8. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I guess you have called them? How about Hackenburg?

9. Hobie

Hobie New Member

PA is a big state. Hackenburg is about 200 miles away.

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

sorry to here obama got you i was out of work for 6 months just went back in february aircraft is down and im only holding on to my new job by a thread good luck and i wish you well

11. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Not Obama. Fallout from many years of "denial" in both the government and in corporations.