http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... eHive1.jpg I had a lady call me about a hive that was living in a tree that she had just had cut down. I picked it up yesterday. The size of the log was a whole lot larger than I anticipated. I was VERY thankful that she at least had a ladder I could use to slide it up as a ramp. I'll be cutting the top off to level, and adding a little moist pollen substitute and emergency feed sugar and screwing down a plywood cover on top. I didn't see any honey so I am assuming they are low. I did see where a decent size cluster appears to be living but I disturbed them no further. I'd say the population is about the size of a nuc. It was above 50 here yesterday and is supposed to get up to 70 today but then head back down in the 40's. I don't have a clue if they'll make it as the drop they made was about 25 feet but the homeowner paid for my gas and time. There was a whole lot of brace comb in and among the rotted wood that seemed to be still intact but who knows if the queen was killed or injured in the fall. I figured this will be an interesting learning experience and I'll cut them out if they make it to spring. If anyone has some additional tips of how to handle this, I'm all ears.