just to take a minute for all on the 4th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jul 2, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Hope everyone on the forum has a safe and happy fourth of july. we got a mighty good extended family here on the forum. Made up of good hearted folks who not only thinks about you while on the forum but even outside the forum when doing other thing. Just want to say thanks to all the members here and hope as we grow in size and mile and miles seperate us. We can still be as close as a mouse click away from our extended family that looks after each other on and off the forum. :thumbsup:

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Happy 4th to you all. Make sure you thank God for all the blessings you enjoy in the United States. :) Appreciate the foresight of the founding fathers and the heroism of those who gave their all to create and pass on to you "the land of the free and the home of the brave". :wave:

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Best to you and all of yours on the 4th everyone! :thumbsup:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Ditto, efmesch

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Perry you may have to pull the idiot stick out and beat me a little with it. I had a habit of missing days of school that ended in y growing up. If I remember nova scotia is part of Canada. and Canada celebrated canada day in the last few days so right back attcha on the well wishes.

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Yup, bang on Riverrat. We celebrate Canada Day on July 1st.
    I had a good time with my 9 year old boy, parade, fish fry at the volunteer firehall, and we actually got out of bed at 10 pm to drive to Bridgewater (next town) to watch the fireworks.
    But I still want to wish y'all as good a time as I had. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

my wife and I will do hillbilly hotdogs tomorrow on the 4th with a few friends. not so traditional for me Shiner Bock will be the beverage of the day <sadly and having been banished to the flat lands decades ago we will have no moonshine in a quart jar ;) .

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Happy 4th everybody :thumbsup: and may GOD BLESS AMERICA. Jack

9. Walt B

Walt B New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

Walt

10. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Happy 4th! Unless you are in a rural area, I hope everyone leaves the fireworks to the professionals. I thank you, my roof thanks you, and my Bassett thanks you. (I have found too many spent bottle rockets on my roof and wood deck for comfort.)

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

srv I am with you on that one!! I live on a little farm and all of the neighbors in the subdivisions scare the crap out of me, my barn (read full of hay) sits fairly close to the road. This year I have them beat though.........it is POURING the rain :thumbsup:

12. Charles

Charles New Member

Happy 4th everybody, we're heading out for a family night at the carnival, watch some dirt and mud races, then catch a fireworks show... Everyone stay safe out there tonight!

13. srvfantexasflood

Just "drugged" the dog up for the night. The fireworks were well under way in the neighborhood. Thunder, lightening and fireworks and I have to get out the doggie Prozac.

I'd like to know what a "hillbilly hot dog" is too!

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

sadly with the extremely dry season no fireworks here. quiet as a mouse here last night.

hillbilly hot dogs:
    I personally think all good hot dogs begin with an all beef frank which in the case of a hillbilly hot dog you boil. the bun is slight steamed to give it a nice soft texture. to this you add a bit of mustard and then you add chilli (no beans please), onions and cole slaw.

if the juice runs down to your elbows you know you have made a good one.

to quote my home states moto.... montani semper libre (the mountains are always free) which is really what the 4th of July should really be about.

15. srvfantexasflood

Tec- nice state motto. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Our state (Kansas) motto reads: Ad Astra per Aspera. Translated means To the stars with difficulty. I think it is appropriate as well.

16. G3farms

G3farms New Member

that is how we have always fixed hot dogs here, guess that says something about us, huh!! :lol:

I think our state motto reads "ROAD CONSTRUCTION AHEAD" translated it means you better know some back roads or be prepared to wait it out!!

17. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I confess, I don't know whether our state has an official motto--But, just about everyone knows what you're talking about when you say:
    "THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY". It's as true today as when originally formulated. ;)

18. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Minus the slaw, that would be a Michigan around here. Meaning North Country NY. Don't ask me why. Don't ask me if they call them that in Michigan. Prolly not.

19. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

evidently them hillbillies have gotten around.

20. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Just remember, the original hillbilly was a Wisconsin farmer. Not far from Michigan.