KUB swarm 3-29-12

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by G3farms, Mar 29, 2012.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOO HOO!! finally got a swarm this afternoon!!!:yahoo::yahoo:I was starting to feel a little left out :cry::cry::lol::lol:

Travis from Eco-Logical Pest Management gave me the second swarm call (the first swarm had left before I could get there). Come to find out he just lives around the corner from me also. Thanks again Travis for the call :thumbsup:

The swarm was about 15 feet up on the end of a broken off tree branch, glad I took the 12 foot ladder instead of the 10 foot. These gals were easy peasy and co-operated in text book fashion. Did not get to find the queen but was obvious she was in there. while they were settling into their new home we walked around looking for a bee tree where they might have come from but did not see one.

One of the KUB employees came around and even took the video. Then he helped dig through the frames looking for the queen. Thanks Jerry for the help (I hope I got your name right, if not when you see this post please correct me)!!

Will post up a little video shortly.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hope that's just the first of many for ya G3! :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

4. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Now we know where they possibly came from.:wink:

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Just a little over 1/2 mile by the way the crow flies.

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

That your first one this year G3? (sting, that is). :wink:
    I always find it takes a few in the spring to remind me that they still hurt. Not as much or near as long, but it never really doesn't hurt! :lol:

(Sorry to all the newbs that are wondering about their first stings :???: :lol:)

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Goodness no not the first this year! You just got to see this one :lol:.

James and me did a cut out yesterday and we wil see if he edits that one out.

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Today was the Sabbath. No swarm catching (or beekeeping or forum participation) for me. All I could do was look enviously as a lovely swarm flew past my house. Maybe tomorrow someone will tell me they found where it landed and I'll have luck and catch it. Most likely, it's lost.

9. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

:grin: hmm, idk it was awful funny last night when i was watchin it. You stuck ur finger up there pointing and describing something and POP, the kamikaze got ya.

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I guess they did not like getting the finger :lol:

you been to Dollywood today???

11. jim314

jim314 New Member

Good going:thumbsup: Glad you got one.

12. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Gratz on the nice swarm, I myself have never gotten 1, some day I would like to but owell Gratz again:thumbsup:

13. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

We didn't go to Dollywood, just Pigeon Forge.... Walked the strip all day. Melissa can get a deep discount through her work and the discounts don't start till next week. So we are just doing other stuff up here.