Labels

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by crazy8days, Jul 1, 2012.

1. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Was wondering how many make their own labels for their jars. Any free programs? Cheap programs or have someone make them. Do they sell the sticky paper somewhere? Thanks

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There are plenty of programs that can help you make your labels, from the simplest to the fanciest. There are an infinite of bee/honey related pictures you can download from the internet, or you can take your own photos and incorporate them with whatever text and font you decide to use.
    They can be printed on label paper with a sticky back. These can be bought in stationery or office supply stores in many different sizes and can be printed on any standard printer, ink jet or lazer.
    Microsoft "Word" has options for printing out labels of different sizes, matched with the series number of the labels you buy.
    It takes a bit of an effort to learn the skill, but it is well worth it. I've been doing my labels myself for years. You print as many as you need, make chcanges and adjustments at will and enjoy another aspect of beiing productive as a beekeeper.

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

crazy8days,
    i make my own labels, and i use word.
    as ef said, and a good post, there are plenty of programs that can help you make labels. some are free, some are not. i do have a couple of programs, the print shop(purchased) and a program by avery(free) but wound up using microsoft word. capabilities are endless and problems when printing are very minimal whether on your own paper or sticky labels. you can make some great labels with word. as ef said, it takes abit of effort, (as with any program, some more than others) but well worth it and can design very well with it.