Landing zone... Lol

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by Gypsi, May 9, 2012.

1. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I guess my nucs have settled down, and the cutout hive was always calm. I got back a few minutes after my crew pulled in, only to find them watching the returning foragers this evening. They said "it's like an airport there, all those bees coming home." Since they were maybe 6 ft from the hives, weren't suited up, or stung, I guess things are doing ok.

Gypsi

2. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

still a joy and 'wonder' for me in the summer, when i take the time to watch the bees coming in to the hives, 'coming home', just before dusk.

3. bamabww

bamabww New Member

I like to set my camera up and snap a few pictures when they land etc. when I have time to just goof off which isn't much.

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

lol wayne.....by the time i am watching at the end of the day, i forget a camera and i am too dragging butt to even do that...."goof off" :lol:

5. Gypsi

By the time i got home it was almost dark.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

didnt Gary Allan sing a song about watching airplanes take off. to bad he didnt think about bees. Way more fun to watch:grin:

7. jim314

jim314 New Member

I remember seeing years ago a film of bees coming back to the hive crashing into the landing board and each other, with music and sound effects. It was funny. And long before Youtube.

8. Gypsi

Bees only got a couple of hours of sunshine today, and were coming home when I decided to inspect a hive, just as clouds started to gather again. Looking a bit crowded in that deep. They went from peacefully landing to attempting to deter my inspection. No stings. They just weren't happy. A couple of persistent ones buzzed me for 30 or 40 feet. I love my bees. I was sad when I lost my hive to robbers last year.