Lesson learned

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by Hobie, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Check to make sure you don't have a yellow jacket on the palm of your garden glove before leaning over to rest with your hands on your (bare) knees. Ow! Those little buggers pack a wallop!

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

awww :cry: so sorry you got stung! I hope it goes away fast!

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I couldn't really blame the little guy... I did try to smush him!

Knee was all swelled up yesterday, but better today. Just glad it was my knee, not my nose.

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

before old man winter comes to visit you again gather up a bunch of your plantain and run through the blender or food processor then pour into ice cube trays and freeze. It's instant relief for stings, bites, rashes and burns!

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

What a great idea! Thanks, Mama Beek! Although I'm laughing picturing the look on my husband's face as I make a "grass milkshake."

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

tell him you are on a new health kick and green smoothies are all the rage :D My hubby looked at us like we were crazy the first time one of the kids got stung out in the yard and one of the other kids ran over to some plantain, grabbed a bunch of it stuffed it in their mouth and started chewing...all while trying to yell "over here!" to the stung person. The things we do for entertainment...