Little exit use

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by LtlWilli, Jun 21, 2011.

1. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

My little nuc's bees seem to be avoiding the front door of the nuc. If not, the foragers are leaving at daylight before I get there. There is very little traffic in or out. I cannot figure that one out, unless they are all guarding the door. The dearth has created a big supply of robbers.
    LtlWilli

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Not sure what it is you are saying, "front door"? Does your nuc have more than 1 entrance?
    If not, and there is very little traffic in or out, I think I might want to have a look at what's going on inside.

3. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Better look inside. When bees don't seem to be doing what yoiu think they aught to, there is usually a reason. Sometimes there is something wrong inside the hive. Sometimes one has the wrong expectations.

Either way, odd behavior should trigger suspicion that something may not be right.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Better check them out.

Didn't you say in another post there was robbing going on, they might have killed off quiet a few of the bees in this hive.

5. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Nope---just a piece of old comb had fallen loose and dropped right in the way. I used some dry old black comb to sweeten the deal for them.The old comb came from a foundationless hive, and many of the frames were drawn really crazy...I might not have had them level. ...They were getting out one at a time I guess, and doing it before I get out there in the mornings. I suppose I better put off that second cup of coffee and get my tail out there...They are coming and going now. All is well.
    LtlWilli

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:thumbsup: :mrgreen: