Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little nuc's bees seem to be avoiding the front door of the nuc. If not, the foragers are leaving at daylight before I get there. There is very little traffic in or out. I cannot figure that one out, unless they are all guarding the door. The dearth has created a big supply of robbers.
LtlWilli

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Not sure what it is you are saying, "front door"? Does your nuc have more than 1 entrance?
If not, and there is very little traffic in or out, I think I might want to have a look at what's going on inside.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Better look inside. When bees don't seem to be doing what yoiu think they aught to, there is usually a reason. Sometimes there is something wrong inside the hive. Sometimes one has the wrong expectations.

Either way, odd behavior should trigger suspicion that something may not be right.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Better check them out.

Didn't you say in another post there was robbing going on, they might have killed off quiet a few of the bees in this hive.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope---just a piece of old comb had fallen loose and dropped right in the way. I used some dry old black comb to sweeten the deal for them.The old comb came from a foundationless hive, and many of the frames were drawn really crazy...I might not have had them level. ...They were getting out one at a time I guess, and doing it before I get out there in the mornings. I suppose I better put off that second cup of coffee and get my tail out there...They are coming and going now. All is well.
LtlWilli

1 - 6 of 6 Posts