Long Long Ago in a time not that fare back.

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by ApisBees, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Its all Iddee's fault. This has nothing to do about bees or farming. But iddee's Farmwall grader post to Jack led me to google, which led to youtube, onto old wood working tools, to this fasinating video of how things were dune in yester-years.
    I think this is so fine that these guys are still running their plant with old world steam. They could have put in an electric motor or even a gas or diesel engine for power but they have stayed true to the equipment that they are running.
    [video=youtube;_mKSKZau9qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKSKZau9qs&list=PL6598DC52BEE75ECA[/video]
    Click on the link and enjoy' I sure did. They have a nice dog with a short tail. I bet it is friendly and waged it's tail as a pup, not a good thing with that many belts driving everything.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

That is so cool Apis! :thumbsup:

I wonder who they could get to work on some of that stuff if it ever broke down? :shock:

3. Ray

Ray Member

"who they could get to work on some of that stuff"
    ​A Millwright of course
    [​IMG]
    It looks more complicated than it actually is.
    It's also a LOT more dangerous than it looks.

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

The way the equipment was built I doubt it would not break down very often. They just need to keep it lubricated, that they did to every machine before running them.

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

very cool video apis, incredible and simply amazing, i enjoyed the video!