Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its all Iddee's fault. This has nothing to do about bees or farming. But iddee's Farmwall grader post to Jack led me to google, which led to youtube, onto old wood working tools, to this fasinating video of how things were dune in yester-years.
I think this is so fine that these guys are still running their plant with old world steam. They could have put in an electric motor or even a gas or diesel engine for power but they have stayed true to the equipment that they are running.
[video=youtube;_mKSKZau9qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKSKZau9qs&list=PL6598DC52BEE75ECA[/video]
Click on the link and enjoy' I sure did. They have a nice dog with a short tail. I bet it is friendly and waged it's tail as a pup, not a good thing with that many belts driving everything.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
That is so cool Apis! :thumbsup:

I wonder who they could get to work on some of that stuff if it ever broke down? :shock:

·
Registered
582 Posts
"who they could get to work on some of that stuff"
​A Millwright of course

It looks more complicated than it actually is.
It's also a LOT more dangerous than it looks.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The way the equipment was built I doubt it would not break down very often. They just need to keep it lubricated, that they did to every machine before running them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts