Looking for Suppliers...

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by SamgeeGamwise, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SamgeeGamwise

SamgeeGamwise New Member

Hi All,

I have a site that is focused on the health benefits of honey and I believe that most benefits are only present when eating raw, unprocessed honey. I've had a lot of people ask me where to buy that kind of honey and I usually just say, "call a local beekeeper."

I would like to set up a store on my site and I'm looking for a couple of suppliers of unprocessed honey and bee products which I could promote. I'm looking for a couple of things:

1. I would like to set up a "drop ship" arrangement where I take payment from my customer and send you payment and shipping instructions.
    2. I would like a prearranged discount/finders fee/commission, whatever you would like to call it.
    3. My ideal supplier is low tech in their production methods, meaning they don't process their honey by heating or straining or some variation of those but high tech in their operation methods meaning they understand and want to use technology, they have quality pictures/graphics of their products or can get them, comfortable with email correspondence, have some way to account for the sales I make and they will be comfortable packaging and shipping their products across the country and to some international locations.
    4. I would like to have supply year round so those beekeepers in warm climates are of particular interest.
    5. I would be interested in carrying a variety of honey types and products to give me visitors the best selection.
    6. I would prefer not to stock at this moment but rather act as a marketing arm for a supplier.

My site is established and slowly increasing in traffic and I will be doing a lot more to achieve better rankings in the coming weeks and months. I anticipate that this will lead to a fair amount of sales moving forward.

I look forward to hearing from those of you who are interested. PM me if you would like to discuss further or have some questions!

To your success...Tim

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Be careful when shipping honey. In some states, you must extract and bottle in a licensed honey house or commercial kitchen in order to sell your honey. In others, as NC, you are not required to have an inspected area for processing. I don't know how legal it would be to ship from Nc or other non-restricted state to a restricted state.

Better look before you leap.

3. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

:goodpost: What Iddee said. Each state has different laws.

4. ccd11

ccd11 New Member

Based on many of the comments I receive at my own website, many people are looking for a source of raw, LOCAL honey. They don't really know where to look for it if it's not sold in a grocery store.

So by just helping buyers connect to suppliers in their own area, you'd be doing everyone a service without having to worry about violating interstate regulations.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

6. Murrell

Murrell New Member

I believe Oklahoma, like many states, has the Tailgate law.

Being from Missouri I know I can't sell in Kansas, or Illinois for certain, only two I tried.
    That means if I lived in OK. I could sell MY honey at my apiary, off my tailgate or farmers market in OK..

If YOU sold other peoples honey, in Oklahoma, sales would require a State approved kitchen and inspections.

If You sell retail honey across State Lines You might need to say "HELLO UNCLE "
    A quick buck just isn't as easy to come across as it used too be.
    Murrell