Makes sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iddee, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I don't think any of us agree with all his ideas, but I do think we all can agree that there is a problem that needs attention.

2. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Yes, there is a problem. But, before anything can be done about it, the problem needs identifying. Rational realistic solutions would be nice. I don't have any in mind, yet.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

what Iddee said in #41 with a very large twist of lime.

only by discussing issues in a full and open manner can everyone come to some broader understanding of the the underlying problem's true complexity. everyone looks at any problem thru a different facet the pretty much defines their world view but once you (that is I the reader) come to understand this 'differing view' your understanding of the problem is very much richer. I do often time think that too often we focus way to much on how we differ and too often forget how we are all pretty much the same.

4. Zulu

Zulu Member

I think the management of these cards should be looked at.

I have a health spending account and when you use it to pay , it will only allow certain items to be billed, it takes off those and leaves a balance to be paid another way. No way to question it, take it or leave it.

I think it is time for administration to work with grocery Chains to identify and electronically mark only food based items, if you ring up an item not identified , you either put it back or pay another way. Provide a method for items to be flagged to be checked if they apply next time....no override ability, must be in the system to qualify. Anyone on food stamps can do without any and everything if they have an alternate meal.

It is the system that is broken, and people will abused anything they can - if they can get away with it.

The lottery winner is a classic case - he is breaking no laws, even checked with authority's, thus it is not him at fault but the system. Is he morally corrupt - YES, but not legally . Classic case where Private companies need to be the ones in charge.