making frames question: where to put that third staple so th

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by adamant, Nov 13, 2011.

1. adamant

adamant Member

2. rast

rast New Member

Re: making frames question: where to put that third staple s

Staple the side bar into the top bar parallel (longways) right under the the top bar ends(where they hang on the box). Try to miss the vertical staples coming down into the side bar. You will sometimes get into the groove for the foundation with a staple. Just trim the foundation. Hope this is understandable.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

This is one of those real hard to explain topics. Like rast says, look at the completed frame from the side (that is end on) and put your nail through the side bar just below the top bar end. This will add strength against the tendancy to pop the top bar off the end bars. If I had a pic I would post it (note to self, this comes up now and then and a picture would be worth it, think I'll take one and have it handy for posting, unless someone else already has one).

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

gluing + the horizontal nail(s) may be redundant.

I use a staple on the top bar and bottom bar (staples running vertical) and pin nails on the end bars (running horizontal). I have gone to using two pin nails on each end bar since an occasion one nail just will not be where it needs to be.

the horizontal nail thru the end bars is a bit tricky. for the new bee keeper without an air nailer a bit like holding your breath and ballet dancing at the same time... i suspect??? you need the nail low enough to catch some wood but not so low as to miss the wood in the top bar. there may be something like a 1/16 inch difference between getting it right and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

5. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

The video shows top, bottom and side stapling.