Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
OOPPS!! should have looked to see where you are located. Sometimes I forget there are some on here from other parts of the world.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
It may be a big world, but just think how small it has become since the internet came up----
I like your motto---it's just as true in Israel as in TN.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Which motto would that be?

If it is the first one I have not had a single comment on it yet and been up for several months, I always try to sneak in something a little different from time to time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Back to your original post Jack, I think that sounds like pretty good time. This may be asking a dumb question, but do you put them together assembly line style (cut all the wedges, then wire all the frames, then insert all the foundation,...)? If not, that would certainly make it go faster for anyone.

I put together a frame assembly jig for myself last winter and it does work well. I'm not convinced that it speeds my assembly that much, but I'm still using hammer and nails. It does help keep my frames nice and square with not much thought, though.

-Dan

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Alright G3, now that you've opened it up to discussion .... :lol:

What in blazes does that first motto mean?
I always assumed it was a repeat of the line below it only in a different language!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have tried about every way there is making up frames, i have a frame jig and a wiring with foundation embedder jig. The frames i've been buying now are already assembled, (but i have to drill the holes for wiring) I drill the holes, put in the eyelets, remove the wedge, clean the wedge space, install the wire,put the foudation in and embed the wire.Even with the frames already assembled it took 45 minutes to make 10 frames. From what others have posted i guess thats about average. This time of year i have to many iron's in the fire and i thought maybe someone knew a quicker way. :beg: Jack

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Bees are bees and do as they please!!

This is the motto I meant.
I remember many years ago when I read that one should always remember that bees, even though raised and attended to by men in houses provided for them, shouldn't be considered "domesticated animals".

This motto so succinctly hits the nail on the head.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jack
I'm using the frame jig you gave me and an electric nail gun. I only use foundation in 1/2 my frames and make a started strip on the other half. your time is good. I think you might put some frames down in your tornado shelter and build them up there since you seem to have alot of rough weather down there lately and probably spending alot of time there!!!!
hope all is well?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Brooks,
This past Friday I rewired and placed foundation in 20 frames. I won't say how long it took me, (maybe I've slowed down with the years), :eek: but your pace is very admirable in my opinion. :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for all the replies, you all make me feel better. :thumbsup: This time of year there just isn't enough hours in a day to get every thing done, and it just seemed like it took forever to make up a frame.
Hey Zane, it was over 100 F here today and no storms, some of that snow you have up there would have felt pretty good falling on me while i was cultivating the corn fields today. :mrgreen: Jack

21 - 31 of 31 Posts