maladies....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Oct 15, 2013.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

we often don't discuss our health or personal problems here so sometimes we find ourselves shocked to find someone with who we were having a light conversation is in fact ailing a bit.

for whatever cause I have been very lucky in having gone thru life and beyond the occasional bad accident have have remarkable good health < for example when I go for my annual health exam invariable the nurse doing the blood pressure thingee looks at me in disbelief when I tell here the only drug I take is an occasional tylenol.

I do hope everyone is feelin' well. I am currently suffering from a severe head cold and it appears my brains are leaking down onto my mustache.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

With arthritis from head to toe, 3 heart attacks, lungs fairly shot, and taking acid blockers daily, """and a colossal dose of meanness""" I guess I'm doing OK. At least I'm still looking down at the grass, not up.

Whiskey and honey may not help your cold, but it will help you through it. :D

3. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I am feeling quite well after falling off a small cliff a couple of weeks ago and getting my left foot a class 3 fold the toes vertical sprain. 2 electrical treatments and a few aleve and I'm walking the dogs again. Doctors are more dangerous than the injury to me.

How is everyone else?

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Good to hear your ticking away. As for me If I knew I was going to Live this long I would have took better care of myself when I was younger
    :thumbsup:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

oh I did a bit of dancin' with the devil when I was young RiverRat but I never paid much attention to the deals he wanted to sell <this is likely the largest benefit of growing up in a place like Florida where the swindler's and con men are at each and every turn in the road and you kind of get to recognize them by their smell and smooth talkin' ways.

6. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I have what looks like a tiny 1/16th" raised freckle on my ear that I don't remember being there. It's been there for the last 4-6 months I suppose. Time to head to the dermatologist I suppose. Maybe he'll lop it off.

7. Ray

Ray Member

4 eyes- 6 teeth- gas, and grey hair (do I win?)

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Besides my clearly evident personality issues :???: :mrgreen:, I apparently have kidneys that work flat out, and have to start regular testing to keep an eye on things. No biggie, reminds me of the old saying about having no shoes till I met a man who had no feet!

9. Gypsi

Go fast Eddy, those little raised freckles can be fatal

10. Lburou

Lburou Member

There is an old couple running around in my bath room. They say they still feel young, but judging by the wrinkles they carry and the pills they take, they must be in a lot of pain. ;)

Once, when I had one of those serious colds, the doctor actually prescribed Nyquil because it had all the right stuff in it.

Glad we are seeing grass from the top side too. :)

11. Marbees

Marbees Member

That's why I never became a miner :grin:

12. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Aside from a self inflicted wound and some fire ant bites, I'm as healthy as a horse. Just call me "Old Stewball" :wink:

Walt

13. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Five years ago i had left knee replacement,and after my last appointment and the knee felt great, i gave the surgeon and his nurse a qt. of honey ea. Well my right knee is giving me a hard time more and more every day and i told my reg. Doc. to call and get me set up for surgery. Well he grinned and picked up the phone and called,he told the nurse on the other end that it looks like your going to get another jar of honey, the doc. (surgeon) must have been in the same room? They relayed to me that the surgeon said send him on, i'm out of honey. When i was leaving my reg. doc( a little Irishman) said i like honey to:???:,seems like surgery is getting more expensive in more ways than one.:lol::lol: Jack

14. Gypsi

Good thing you keep bees Jack

15. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I'm just a pup at 32 compared to you old farts :)

No issues here other than catching some sort of flu or stomach bug yesterday. Had it coming out both ends last night (thankfully not at the same time). Hoping to go to work tomorrow and be feeling good for the weekend.

16. Walt B

Walt B New Member

So Jack, how's the knee doing? Anything scheduled yet? My surgeon was quite pleased to get some honey, but I still had to pay him cash. :wink:

Walt

17. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Walt, i have an appointment with the surgeon Dec.3, i might have waited to long:???: my hip hurts as bad as my knee does? I've talked to some people that said the hip will quit hurting after i get the knee done? Actually it cost me two quarts of honey the last time,when i gave him a quart, he thanked me and said don't you think my head nurse earned one to:razz:. I'm going to tell him if he does as good a job on the right knee as he did on the left, he'll have two more quarts coming on my last visit with him.:lol: Jack

18. RayMarler

RayMarler New Member

Multiple instances of spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve channels) and spondylosis (a kind of spinal arthritis) resulting in fibromyalgia and sciatica. I do what I can when I can, but that's not very much most days. Sometimes I'm on two canes, sometimes (usually in the afternoons) I'm not, and mostly I'm lounging while using the laptop. keeping a few hives keeps me sane so the mental health is great. :grin: I keep making my hives smaller and now I've gotten down to 5 and 8 frame medium nucs and hives. They just seem easier to manage, and work well in my low to no flow area. I also have an old electric golf cart I use to get around outside the place here on many days, and have an old wheel chair I use like a walker outside, and to tote out my feed jars in a milk crate to the nucs and hives when needed. Life is good here, out in the country away from the city hubub, where I can sit around watching the natural wildlife around the place and keep an eye peeled on the beehives as I scratch the kitty cat's ears.

19. Crofter

Crofter New Member

I am having to come to grips with the reality of getting older. I have some of the issues of spinal stenosis as well as deteriorating cartilage in knees, hips, shoulders and arthritis in hands. I cant complain too much though as lots of my old friends are on the other side of the grass. I guess we have to find different ways to continue doing the things we really enjoy or decide to quit doing some of the things that start to become humiliating rather than satisfying.

20. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

RayMarler and Crofter- So sorry to hear about your backs. I have watched my Mother go through two surgeries. Before the second surgery, she may have let her self become to weaken from inactivity. The recuperating is long and slow. She's also 10 years older.