maladies....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Oct 15, 2013.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

I'm training the wife to operate the 3020 John Deer and the loader:thumbsup: don't know yet when they'll do the surgery, but the last time when they done my left knee it took me 2 or 3 weeks? before i could get back up on the tractor to put out hay for the cows.If i can get in before January i should be able to put out the truck patch next spring. If any of you know anything good about getting old:???: i'd like to hear it.:roll: Jack

2. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Jack, I heard that the good old days are remembered best by those with failing memory!

A number of years ago, up on the roof shingling, I remarked to wife how all the mechanical things she was learning would equip her well to catch another man if I kicked the bucket! She replied that if she were looking for another man it wouldnt be one that needed his roof fixed or tractor driven!

3. kebee

kebee Active Member

The biggest thing that gets me as I have always been active and done a lot of stuff that have to be done is I get wore out a lot more quickly than just a few years ago and it makes me mad that I cannot get done in a day what I use to do. I sometimes take it too far and than I am almost lay up for a day or two after. It sure is bad getting older to realize that you are no spring chicken any more.

Ken

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Ken, wait until "too far" is 10 minutes. Then you will know what I go through.

5. Lburou

Lburou Member

So tec, are you over that Upper Respiratory Infection yet? I hope so. One can outlive a cold, but not the other accompanying issues that gather as we grow older. :)

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

For well over forty years I've been paying out on my health insurance---and barely using the coverage. Without going into any details, I'll only say that I'm sorry to report that the balance is rapidly changing. :crybye:

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Ef, I am so sorry to hear of this. Rest assured that you are always in my thoughts. Actually, you are probably in the thoughts of most here.

Perry

8. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

What Perry said.

Walt

9. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member

Sorry to hear that efmesch. Without knowing any details, and I respect your privacy, most of us will face that slippery slope at some point. And isn't that what group health care coverage is? The young and/or healthy paying for the less healthy? I don't want to get into the health care debate, just making an observation.

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Hey fellows, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not totally fallen apart quite yet. I'm not one to make predictions, but hopefuflly I still have a good few years ahead. Much of my visiting of the doctors is to keep with it. :grin:

11. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I am witness that he is not falling apart yet. I took this pic of him tearing up that hill. He left me in his dust, ha! :grin:
    DSCF8874.jpg

12. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Thanks for your backup Dave. I've been wondering what it was in my rermarks that made it sound like I was on my deathbed.:confused: After all, what's wrong with checking in with the doctor more frequently than when I was 25, 35, 45,.....? :dontknow:

13. brooksbeefarm

Well just got back from the doctor, I told him if he wanted another jar of honey that i would have to be able to work bees by March.I go in for my knee replacement next Wed. Dec. 11,:eek: and he sent me to another doctor in the same building for a physical exam 30 min. after i left his office:shock:. They said i was in perfect health for my age,i told him i should be that i have had hundreds of injections from my girls for almost 50 yrs. to keep me healthy.:lol: Jack

14. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Jack, We're all pulling for you and expect a complete good report from you on the 12th.

You can learn from my mistakes: If it's a Baptist hospital and the anesthesiologist asks if you would like something, DO NOT respond, "A shot and a beer would be nice." I can tell you it will not be received well. :lol:

Walt

15. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Good luck to you. Hope you are dancing at the Christmas party.

16. brooksbeefarm

We had our Christmas party tonight (just got home) had over 100 members show up and everyone had a good time. I'm going to St. Johns hospital, they have a new one toward Branson, Mo. and they told me all the rooms are private and have a bed for wife or kin folk to stay the night with you if you or they want.:thumbsup: Our son is an anesthesiologist,(at CMH in Bolivar, Mo.)but they can't do relatives, but picked one of his co-worker buddies to do it.:???: He said he's good, and his hammer is bigger than mine.:roll: Thanks for the well wishes. Jack

17. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

jack, my thoughts and well wishes go out to you......:grin:
    take care, i'll be thinking about ya'.....
    and one more comment.....you better be rip roaring to go and posting on this forum on the 12th or else you'll be doin' this..............[​IMG]................:lol:

18. kebee

kebee Active Member

Be praying that all goes well with you Jack and ditto what riverbee said no slaking off.

Ken

19. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Will be thinking of you. Jack Best of luck, see you back on the 12th.

20. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Best wishes and a quick recovery. Maybe hold off on the downhill skiing and go with cross country style for this season!