mama got a new car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G3farms, Dec 4, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

About two weeks ago another woman ran a stop sign in front of Donna (my wife) and Elizabeth (my oldest daughter), they clipped the other car in the rear quarter panel. There just happened to be an off duty county deputy behind the other lady at the time. Donna's Ford Windstar was totaled out, air bags popped and major front end damage (not that it really takes a lot to damage one nowdays), nobody was hurt and that is the main thing. This was our second Windstar and both gave the same troubles, tramsmissions and electrical problems. Just about all settled up and the rental runs out tomorrow. We knew Ford was out of the running for sure (and I am a diehard Ford man) but decided to look around. She decided to go with a Dodge Journey after finding one at carmax with 25K miles on it. We went to look at it this morning and I found too much wrong with it and carmax did not want to disclose any of it. Went to the Dodge dealer down the road and after some very hard core haggling she brought home her new car.

Matter of fact she is outside sitting in it now :lol: :lol:

Never been a big fan of Dodge so we will see what happens with this one.

2. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Nothing wrong with a Dodge, like any other, you can get a good one or a dog.
    We had a Windstar we bought used 2 years old, ran it for 9 years, minor problems, then the heater core started leaking, $600 labor, more than it was worth. Gave it to a guy to junk it, he by-passed the heater and still uses it in the summer.

Biggest piece of JUNK we ever had was a Infinity, high priced piece of ______ X 2 !!

Shouldn't have any problems
    Murrell

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

When I was younger I swore I would never have a Dodge. I ended up getting a Dodge pickup a few years ago and have fallen in love with every dodge I've driven since then. Never say never I guess. :dontknow:

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

my old dodge is still running strong at 500,000 miles. I have told numerous 'hombres' that have asked about buying the old beast that the truck and I are together till one of us gives it up. being a somewhat sentimental type, I will cry if the old truck goes before myself.

5. Charles

Charles New Member

Glad to here the family came out ok, I'm a die hard ford fan too but we had a dodge 3500 dually that was parked at our old place all the time, used it to pull a 3 horse trailer we had and a big tandem axle trailer I'd borrow sometimes and it never stuttered once.

6. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

My first car was a Dodge Avenger. Ran great with no problems until I got T-boned by someone running a light and then rearended by someone not paying attention.... My sister has had 2 dodge trucks for hauling horses. She LOVES them.

7. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Oh wow, I'm sure glad nobody got hurt there G3.

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

My brother is on his 2nd Dodge 1/2 ton truck and loves them, the first one did give some transmission trouble. I also was a die hard Ford man until i had a 1958 Ford with a 450 intercepter eng. that i was putting a cam in weekly (costly even doing it my self) i called Ford co. and they said they quit case hardening there cams and were having that problem. I fixed it and traded down for a 1957 Chev. hardtop and have been a Chev. man from that time on.G3, glad to hear mama got a new car :thumbsup: . One reason she is out setting in her new car is, there's just something about that new car smell. :mrgreen: Jack