Marine Son stationed at new river North Carolina

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Nov 7, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

The oldest son is out in New River NC going through crew chief training for the v22 ofsprey. When he first got there he said it was boring and didnt much care for it. He spent this last weekend in Willmington and loved it. He has gotten out more and is now hoping he will be permenatly stationed in North Carolina. Although he text me the other day and said he had to get a heavier coat. with a didnt know it got cold in NC. My guess is he hasnt seen cold yet :D

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No, he hasn't seen cold yet. That beach cold feels like 30 degrees less than actual temp. He hasn't seen below about 30 yet. Wait until it gets down in the teens or lower, feeling like 15 below.

3. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Wait until he has flight line watch. Long johns, sweats, scarf, and watch cap will barely be enough this January. Been there! Done that! I was a bit north of New River at Cherry Point, and not quite as close to the Atlantic Ocean.
    There is a NATO exercise up in the Artic Circle that puts New River and Cherry Point to shame. The training is in Minnesota with snow shoes, skis and bitter cold.
    Glad to see he is getting along so well!

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Thank you. Hes doing great we are still trying to get the other son thru MCRD at San Deigo he was to graduate on November 6th but 2 weeks before he was to finish up they discovered he had been training the last 2 weeks with pneumonia. They was going to send him home. However they put him in a medical recovery platoon and have since moved him to a physical conditioning platoon he has one more week there and they will make the descision on wether he goes back to a platoon that is where he left off in training or comes home. If he makes it on through he is likely to be stationed at NC as combat support artilery I believe at lajuenne or near by. Then off to foreign lands

5. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

I remember from your other post. There are only two places CONUS he can go and Camp LeJeune is the only East Coast. He will be close to his brother so I hope it happens.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

the 2 brothers are hoping they both end up in NC close together. Mitch may get shipped to california or japan they are moving v-22 squadrons to both places but that is subject to change as is any new program or for that matter old program in the military