How did that happen? When I split just after easter, she was tucked in her box and the split box had frames of brood, and included all the several swarm cells I found, one of which was capped. That split has been doing GREAT! I never saw the marked queen again in the original box, though three weeks ago there were supercedure cells... Others who had queens from this batch said that they failed, so since I had capped supercedure cells heard piping and saw them swarm (and caught one of them) I let them be for three weeks and planned to check them yesterday. So....yesterday, we indeed found a new queen (not yet laying) in that original box. I pulled some brood from the booming swarm box and felt all was good there. Next, we checked the split. And surprise surprise, there she was: the marked queen was in the split! with most of her mark gone! I KNOW we did not have her in the split when we closed it all up, we double checked. I had five swarms go off two weeks ago, I wonder if she ducked in there during one of those. I just dont know how that could have happened, but I know it was not beekeeper error, because we even took a picture of her when we finished the split, and she was in her original box, not the split. Honestly dont know what to make of that, but I have two queenright hives and one set to start laying, so I am happy. I wonder how she ended up in the hive next door though. Rascal!