Mason jars

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by Bens-Bees, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Does anyone sell their honey in mason jars? I would like to and so have bottled everything in mason jars, but can't seem to find labels that will fit them. Does anybody know where to find labels that fit mason jars (I know I have seen some people selling honey in nicely labelled mason jars around here before, so there has to be labels for them somewhere).

2. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

I went to office depot and bought the precut lables and in MS word, you put in the code and it sets up the page with the lables. i just fill them in and print them out.

3. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

We are using mason jars, haven't taken time to tag them yet. "Big Lots" seem to be a good place for jars though fyi

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Office depot has labels that fit mason jars??

5. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

They dont fit perfectly, (little overhang) but it looks nice. It took a lot of standing there scratching my head trying to find the right size...

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

So what size did you end up getting?

Also, what kind of printer do you use to print on them?

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I market most of my product in mason jars. I use a 2" round label that fits on the lid. Since I actively try to get folks to recycle jars I don't have to waste a lot of time cleaning labels from jars and the label on the lid doesn't distract from the beauty of the light passing thru the honey. I now have a local printer (who is also one of my customer for hives) print the labels up locally. They are quite affordable when you purchase them 1000 at a time.

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I found 1.5" round labels at Office depot and went ahead and got them... but that won't be enough label space, it was just enough for the nutrition label (and barely at that)... and then got 2" x 2 & 5/8" labels for the jars themselves... but I haven't designed anything for that label yet... I'll get into that tomorrow.

9. Hobie

Hobie New Member

The lid labels are a good idea. I used rectangular labels on quart-size canning jars for applesauce, and there really is nowhere to put them - the jars are embossed on all sides. And cleaning off the labels is a pain. If I had to do it over, and still felt compelled to used side labels, I would look for the removable diskette labels. A friend of mine uses them on her wine bottles and they remove nicely. They are, however, getting hard to find as diskettes go the way of the 8-track.

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

get in touch with amy of amys bee labels she can make what you want about as cheap as you can make them

11. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member