massive ball

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

on the way home from the trapout I get a call and run over and find a swarm 50 feet off the ground, now looking at the ball I have to have it ( you know that feeling) call Frank with the bucket truck, nope he on a tree job and cant make it till the next afternoon (we know they be gone by then) ok so checking to make sure my manhoods made of steel I put my 36 foot ladder up and get onto the 2nd story roof then use my 16 foot ladder on the roof into the tree, I used ratchet straps in 2 places on the 16 foot ladder(even if the ladder slips off the roof me and the ladder are staying in the tree) ok so bee box and vac are on the roof and I climb and I am a few feet short so I taped the vac hose to a broom handle and away I went, filled a deep and a med with bees:yahoo: Im glad my wife was not there to take pics, she would have come unglued

Attached Files:

2. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Talk about "unglued". I have trouble on a 13 foot ladder! Instead of "chicken of the sea", I'm "chicken of the sky". :lol:

Walt

3. kebee

kebee Active Member

Got way more guts than I have, that is a beautiful swarm of bees but I am afraid I would have let them go than do what you did.

‚ÄčKen